Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sounds like someone that's a smartass (like me) would do and claim it was a typo, or more appropriately these days, auto correct. LOL
I remember seeing a marquee sign on a business (sorry, I looked for a picture) that said “Frankly, autocorrect, I’m tired of your shirt.”

Bowled my 9th clean game on Friday! With my and Al's handicaps, We led our team to victory!
Screenshot 2024-02-04 at 12.39.16 PM.png

I just read that two groups of cicadas, the 17 year variety and the 13 year variety, will be emerging simultaneously for the first time in 221 years.

Should make for a rather wild cacophony of surround sound. Take that you stereo purists! o_O
A chirp off the old block :rolleyes::oops:

I remember reading about Cicadas, an interesting evolutionary adaptation.

Which made me think about this album!
1707140773389.png

I just read that two groups of cicadas, the 17 year variety and the 13 year variety, will be emerging simultaneously for the first time in 221 years.

Should make for a rather wild cacophony of surround sound. Take that you stereo purists! o_O
They are pretty noisy bugs, but only for a few weeks. They’re an interesting part of living in the east.

They are pretty noisy bugs, but only for a few weeks. They’re an interesting part of living in the east.
weve never really got to enjoy the cicadas in west Michigan. They are prevalent in eastern / southern Michigan and all states south of here. Always a 17 year bummer for me and the nature loving Mrs Cbmmm3

A chirp off the old block :rolleyes::oops:

I remember reading about Cicadas, an interesting evolutionary adaptation.

Which made me think about this album!
View attachment 101108
The only album I ever took back to the shop for a refund because I didn't like the music, I'd probably like it now though, 'specially if it was in surround!

weve never really got to enjoy the cicadas in west Michigan. They are prevalent in eastern / southern Michigan and all states south of here. Always a 17 year bummer for me and the nature loving Mrs Cbmmm3
We get some broods pretty heavy here. Enough to be happy when they are in other places.

They are pretty benign but they can really mess up your car and windshield. Requires a lot more scrubbing as they are large as flying insects go.

1707248365464.png

Well, maybe not THAT large.

So, speaking of cicada's.... In the early days of home DVD authoring getting quite good, i enjoyed making horror show proper DVD's with menus, chapters, all to a standard that would play in anyone's disc spinner. Some of these were from Laserdiscs or other stereo DVD's & I would do upmixing to 5.1 on them. For some of these special projects I wanted a special intro. You know, like the MGM lion. What I came up with was this:

Done in Sony Vegas & 5.1 DTS. This is the stereo version. I could do the visuals better today but I'm still happy with the silly audio so I would never change it.

The only album I ever took back to the shop for a refund because I didn't like the music, I'd probably like it now though, 'specially if it was in surround!
Its one I bought without ever hearing it (still like it), I'd heard or got all the others - I think I got it cheap as an import with the cut-out in the corner

We get some broods pretty heavy here. Enough to be happy when they are in other places.

They are pretty benign but they can really mess up your car and windshield. Requires a lot more scrubbing as they are large as flying insects go.

View attachment 101162

Well, maybe not THAT large.
I lived in Northern Virginia for long enough that I got three cicada summers. We had some visitors once (I had warned them) from Seattle, and we were at the changing of the guard at the tomb of the unknowns when one landed on the visiting lady. Fascinating silent panic on her part!

Yeah, they are about the size of my thumb, so big bugs.

Back