Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RIP to Damo Suzuki.
What an amazing powerful band Can were.
1000017820.jpg

Big noisy bugs! Nothing quite like getting a cicada right between the eyes! Lol
In Illinois once having lunch sitting in the grass at the university, suddenly a very loud cicada showed up. And which ever way I turned my head the sound followed me.

That’s when I realized it had attached itself to the hair on the back of my head. Ewww. I swear that cicada in my hand felt as large as a small bird. Just almost weightless.

Last edited:
"Listen, man, you don't understand, it's cool, I gotta get in on the hype."

What we think is sensible is not what majority of the population thinks is sensible, unfortunately.
Indeed, many will buy strange or esoteric stuff just to impress their friends. I've done it. But it mainly has to do with anime.

After messing around with the multitracks of a poorly recorded live performance, I actually now believe most live performance mixes are bad on purpose.
Further context. Messing around with a live performance which was gain-staged on the fly while band members were performing, with analog clipping, a limited amount of low-end mics, and missing instruments altogether. I just spent like a couple hours on it and it's certainly a serviceable mix. What baffles me is why huge artists with better equipment and planning have worse-sounding lives.

Here's a snippet, and I think y'all will agree with me.

Attachments

• live snippet.flac
    19.6 MB · Views: 0
"Listen, man, you don't understand, it's cool, I gotta get in on the hype."

What we think is sensible is not what majority of the population thinks is sensible, unfortunately.
Well, for one, my gut would tell me that they probably aren't the best sounding LPs.
But then I remember, a good deal of the sensible population listen to them on crappy equipment and don't care if they sound that great.
More important, it's something noteworthy to post on social media.

Back