Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/ETAPCO-Wire-...-3-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1
I picked something similar up from my local hardware store when i was wiring my Quad space
This kind works the best for heavy gauge wire, but it is also probably on the more expensive side:

https://www.amazon.com/Capri-Tools-...d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9zZWFyY2hfdGhlbWF0aWM&psc=1
Thanks guys...I went to my local Lowes hardware store and had a section of speaker wire with me and the one I looked at didn't work...the outer shell is really heavy duty on this speaker wire..

IS CLINTY EASTWOOD

R.2eea02d732b5815c97ffeb53f4b61127

Krylon Fusion Sunbeam Yellow! BAM!!

Our house has always been yellow with white trim. I guess we've never had the imagination to update it. The last time it was painted,um, maybe 15 years ago we were looking at paint samples with our painter in the front yard. The sun was going down & maybe even a bit below the horizon. All of the yellow samples looked kind of dull & drab so I picked out what I thought matched the earlier paint.

BAM! Sunbeam fluorescent yellow. My neighbor with a kitchen window facing close to the East side said it was like looking at the sun in the morning. My wife still never passes up a chance to tell me how much she's hated the color and it's all my fault, yada yada yada. But over the years it has faded a bit to a more normal shade of yellow.

BAM! Sunbeam fluorescent yellow. My neighbor with a kitchen window facing close to the East side said it was like looking at the sun in the morning. My wife still never passes up a chance to tell me how much she's hated the color and it's all my fault, yada yada yada. But over the years it has faded a bit to a more normal shade of yellow.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Thanks guys...I went to my local Lowes hardware store and had a section of speaker wire with me and the one I looked at didn't work...the outer shell is really heavy duty on this speaker wire..

All of my speakers are also connected by 12 AWG. Do bear in mind that stranded 12 gauge is considerably larger than solid core. I have used a simple diagonal cutter for decades to work with these wires:

Milwaukee 7 in. Diagonal Cutting Pliers 48-22-6107 - The Home Depot

For smaller wires working with line level stuff I have purchased some of those fixed gauge strippers/cutters. They do a great job on the smaller wires, and better than I could do by hand.

You say the outer shell insulation is pretty tough... I have to ask why. What brand did you buy? With low ohm speaker wire the outside insulation has little to do with sound quality. Good quality speaker wire should be flexible & easy to strip.

Last edited:
All of my speakers are also connected by 12 AWG. Do bear in mind that stranded 12 gauge is considerably larger than solid core. I have used a simple diagonal cutter for decades to work with these wires:

Milwaukee 7 in. Diagonal Cutting Pliers 48-22-6107 - The Home Depot

For smaller wires working with line level stuff I have purchased some of those fixed gauge strippers/cutters. They do a great job on the smaller wires, and better than I could do by hand.

You say the outer shell insulation is pretty tough... I have to ask why. What brand did you buy? With low ohm speaker wire the outside insulation has little to do with sound quality. Good quality speaker wire should be flexible & easy to strip.
I decided to just do it "old school"...and it was fine....just a knife and scissors (y) I got the speaker wire from Monoprice

Back