Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI, HDTracks are releasing one Boz Scaggs album a week in 24/192. I have the same in CD's and these are an improvement.
Today 25% off store, that's a big savings on there entire site.
So far, Slow Dancer, Silk Degrees, Middle Man, My Time. These are called 2023 Remasters.
What an AWESOME album Silk Degrees is...and it became even more impressive when Rita Coolidge took one of the songs....the B side of Lowdown...We"re all alone and made it a #1 song on the charts

This may have been shared here already but it's so good it's worth seeing more than once.

The extremely underrated Fanny showing they've got more balls than many of their peers of the day.

This only goes to show how rad this track would have been live had The Beatles even dared play it during the rooftop gig.

I saw a documentary about that female band without knowing anything about them. I think things went complicated for their future when one of the band members had a baby. Bowie, Purple, and Georges Harrison said good things about them. We certainly can get more female rock bands today.

People regard me as weird (well, OK, even weirder) when I say my favourite animal is the tardigrade, but I reckon that's because they've never heard of them, or the tiny little "water bear's" achievements aren't appreciated. For example, tardigrades can live to about 120 years and survive:

- the vacuum and UV radiation of outer space;
- temperatures near absolute zero (i.e. −273.15 °C), and as high as 150°C.
- elevation as high as the Himalayas;
- ocean depths of 4,600 metres;
- ionizing radiation hundreds of times the lethal dose for us;
- pressures more than six times that found in Earth's deepest ocean trenches;
- 30 years in a freezer by "playing dead" and then being revived (and reproducing);
- being fired from a gun at 900m/s and surviving the pressure of impact;

No wonder The Mute Gods penned the song Tardigrades Will Inherit the Earth.

Water_bear_in_moss-SPL.jpg

People regard me as weird (well, OK, even weirder) when I say my favourite animal is the tardigrade, but I reckon that's because they've never heard of them, or the tiny little "water bear's" achievements aren't appreciated. For example, tardigrades can live to about 120 years and survive:

- 30 years in a freezer by "playing dead" and then being revived (and reproducing);

View attachment 94418

More like a micro-organism than an animal.
The worst part is that I can't unsee it.

View attachment 94418
I never pass up a chance to read an article about the tardigrade. Fascinating creatures. But I must agree with Bill B more like micro-organism than a critter.

People on the Steve Hoffman Forum think that all of us on this forum are weird.
I think there have been some changes over there....but "back in the day"....it was a source of amusement for a lot of us on this forum....I actually have an account over there but I've never posted.....they do have some good posters...but in the past I think they remained silent about the "strange" world of surround sound as trying to convince some of the zealots would have been futile

Back