Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And it all started with a cotton field...

Many forums will have a simple off topic category & QQ never had that. However there are off topic threads that help keep music/audio topics unpolluted. Those half dozen or so are stable & not expanding. I like the balance around here.
Every thread on this forum suffers from thread-drift, except for this one...by definition.

Every thread on this forum suffers from thread-drift, except for this one...by definition.
peter-schickele-obituary.gif

Jays! Yankees!

And it all started with a cotton field...

Many forums will have a simple off topic category & QQ never had that. However there are off topic threads that help keep music/audio topics unpolluted. Those half dozen or so are stable & not expanding. I like the balance around here.
Not so fast....cotton was in the 2nd post...SOYBEANS IN THE FIRST....Cubs win...Cubs win :LB :SG

You are right Ralphie, one thing they do have...in my case...I'm close to one of their distribution hubs and I can get things faster than Prime a lot of times...today I forgot something I was going to order so for $2.99 I can have it today within 3 hours of ordering it...

Good to hear from you Ralphie
Well...update on that quick service...instead of getting it within hours for my $2.99....it didn't come at all and now it is scheduled for some time before 10 pm tonight :rolleyes:

I think it's about time classic television show themes be remixed in Atmos.

Here's one of my faves. Imagine when you hear the "... and the agony of defeat" part. Every word would be in a different speaker.

That would be awesome!

Vicks nasal spray in the left rear speaker, Rolaids in the right. 😀

Here's one of my faves. Imagine when you hear the "... and the agony of defeat" part. Every word would be in a different speaker.

That would be awesome!

Everyone remembers the 'agony of defeat' sequence. I couldn't even tell you what is in the rest of that introduction other than that ski jumper's crash. The ski jumper, Vinko Bogataj, managed to come away with only a slight concussion and a broken ankle. More tidbits about it from wikipedia:

The melodrama of the narration—which became a catchphrase in the US—transformed the uncredited ski jumper into an American icon of bad luck and misfortune. Meanwhile, having retired to his quiet, private life in Slovenia, Bogataj was unaware of his celebrity, and so was surprised to be asked to attend the 20th anniversary celebration for Wide World of Sports in 1981. He received the loudest ovation of any athlete introduced at the gala, and attendees such as Muhammad Ali asked him for his autograph.

In the 1990s, while on his way to an interview with Wide World of Sports about the incident, he got into a small automobile collision.
His first line to the reporter was "every time I'm on ABC, I crash."

That would be awesome!

Wide World of Sports was a great show. You'd see obscure sports that you would never see otherwise.
Once cable became the norm in the mid-80s with channels dedicated to nothing but sports, it became obsolete. But in the 60s and 70s it was the shit. What wonderful memories I have of watching that show with my dad.

Back