Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes.
I've visited NOLA 3 times & been to O'briens each time. Tourist trap I know but still it's a must for me. Truly... favorite drink was called The Skylab. Blue like that stuff they drink in Detroit. I've never researched it but when I asked our server said it was mainly 4 or 5 liquors with some fruit juice. 😵‍💫
I don't remember a single bar in NOLA from any trip. lol.

Headed to Gary, IN, to take in a Railcats minor league baseball game. Did a little research looking for a good record store nearby. Found one and phoned ahead to make sure they would be open. Yes, the owner said, until 5 pm. Traffic was brutal, but my buddy and i pulled in at 4:30 to find the place CLOSED! Grr!
3BE415AD-5690-4686-B871-2C7585E87ACA_1_105_c.jpeg

I finally got my car back from the repairers this morning, they have done a wonderful job repairing the damage I did by driving into the side of a van. I asked how much it had cost the insurance company they said about £8k!!! They had to replace the whole front bumper section which is plastic so expected, the bonnet (on the other side of the pond its the hood) had some dents, and the headlight was scuffed, so the bonnet was replaced, the whole matrix LED headlight unit was replaced (about £2.5k apparently, and the old one was working!). Nobody repairs anything anymore..... mind you I think I got of lightly as the insurance only went up by £350.
View attachment 107194
You are an Audi customer (y)

Long ago, "bondo" or plastic fillers were basically unheard of. Lead was used for filler. Doubt anyone does that anymore. Interesting to watch, though.
Outside of classic car modification and restoration, lead filler is no longer used. In the past, it was factory "equipment" from Porsche (among other manufacturers, I'm sure).

Definitely not good news if it means no more of those wonderful SACD 7-inch quad releases from Santana, Jeff Beck, Miles, etc. :(
I know...when Oppo stopped production of their blu ray players I panicked and bought 4 more Oppo's...I guess I could use them for some other purpose :unsure:

Headed to Gary, IN, to take in a Railcats minor league baseball game. Did a little research looking for a good record store nearby. Found one and phoned ahead to make sure they would be open. Yes, the owner said, until 5 pm. Traffic was brutal, but my buddy and i pulled in at 4:30 to find the place CLOSED! Grr!
View attachment 107205
rYVFbuA.jpeg

My God: Today is a good day for your Aqualung GOLD award for best in a TULL attitude photo. (Up to me) :LOL::LOL::cool:
248uhpA.jpeg

Well...update on that quick service...instead of getting it within hours for my $2.99....it didn't come at all and now it is scheduled for some time before 10 pm tonight :rolleyes:
Another update in the continuing saga of amazon...one day they are drinking the wine....next day they are stomping the grapes...well now...amazon noticed my delivery problem and credited my account for the $2.99...it appears they actually do read those delivery reports...

Back