Snarky Puppy's 2015 Magnum Opus, 'Sylva' (with the Metropole Orkest) is coming in Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was visiting in Germany a guy on the base had some Quaaludes he called "mandrakes" and that is where I got my avatar name from. He said they were manufactured in the UK but widely distributed in Germany (legally) by prescription. But of course there's always bootleg or resellers..

When I was visiting in Germany a guy on the base had some Quaaludes he called "mandrakes" and that is where I got my avatar name from. He said they were manufactured in the UK but widely distributed in Germany (legally) by prescription. But of course there's always bootleg or resellers..
They have been banned and taken off the market here in the United States since the early 80's. Unfortunately, Americans have instead moved on to meth and phentanol. Just part of the "wild West" ethos of "go big or go home" I guess...

They have been banned and taken off the market here in the United States since the early 80's. Unfortunately, Americans have instead moved on to meth and phentanol. Just part of the "wild West" ethos of "go big or go home" I guess...
Yes. Just like I was on time release morphine for years, closely monitored by my Doc. I was doing fine and relatively pain free. But these days you have to go to a "pain clinic" to get effective pain meds and alcohol intake is forbidden. Got to do the "pot card" scam for pot, at least in Florida. Pay some guy a few hundred that knows nothing about you to get a card to legally buy pot. I know this because I went to one of these pain clinics recently and told them at my age if I want to drink alcohol or smoke pot it's none of anyone's business. They I guess test you every month!...to see if you're breaking "their" rules. I told them to f off. Alcohol is detectable in your body for 10 days... so for goodness sakes don't have a glass of wine with dinner or your out of the program I guess.
I live in chronic pain and lived in this body for over 7 decades but others decide what's best for me.
I'll stop here because I don't want this getting political and ruin my buzz. (J/K). :)

Yes. Just like I was on time release morphine for years, closely monitored by my Doc. I was doing fine and relatively pain free. But these days you have to go to a "pain clinic" to get effective pain meds and alcohol intake is forbidden. Got to do the "pot card" scam for pot, at least in Florida. Pay some guy a few hundred that knows nothing about you to get a card to legally buy pot. I know this because I went to one of these pain clinics recently and told them at my age if I want to drink alcohol or smoke pot it's none of anyone's business. They I guess test you every month!...to see if you're breaking "their" rules. I told them to f off. Alcohol is detectable in your body for 10 days... so for goodness sakes don't have a glass of wine with dinner or your out of the program I guess.
I live in chronic pain and lived in this body for over 7 decades but others decide what's best for me.
I'll stop here because I don't want this getting political and ruin my buzz. (J/K). :)
Having dealt with acute and chronic pain after 20+ major surgeries after my near fatal auto accident on November 18, 2015, I can totally sympathize and empathize with your circumstances. Every time that I go back onto opiates (Norco & Percocet) for post-surgical pain, I get the reminder from my pharmacist that I am on the State of California's tracker list. The good news is that I can get off the narcotics and resume my mescal and silver tequila habit until the next upcoming surgery on November 13th!

Having dealt with acute and chronic pain after 20+ major surgeries after my near fatal auto accident on November 18, 2015, I can totally sympathize and empathize with your circumstances. Every time that I go back onto opiates (Norco & Percocet) for post-surgical pain, I get the reminder from my pharmacist that I am on the State of California's tracker list. The good news is that I can get off the narcotics and resume my mescal and silver tequila habit until the next upcoming surgery on November 13th!
I hear you Bro. I wish the best for you.

I hear you Bro. I wish the best for you.
Thank you. I had my total left hip replacement surgery on July 10th and will have my total left knee replacement and tibial nail removed on November 13th and with any luck, that will be it for the surgeries. I am so grateful that I have my groups like this forum and my music to keep me smiling and engaged.

Is this just audio or is there video as well on the Blu-Ray? @rtbluray - Hi-Res Poll for the Blu-Ray? How different is this from the streaming version? I'm still waiting on my order - Amazon still says November.

Is this just audio or is there video as well on the Blu-Ray? @rtbluray - Hi-Res Poll for the Blu-Ray? How different is this from the streaming version? I'm still waiting on my order - Amazon still says November.
It is Blu Ray Video - includes bonus/ alternate mixes (stereo only), “making of” featurette, and 2 separate audio commentary tracks.

This album would be my number one "you have to watch it, not just listen to it" recorded live performance. You'd never call this strictly "jazz" (it incorporates too many other styles and disciplines) but the spirit of jazz is alive and well in these musicians - watch how much they improvise, and also take note of how much eye contact there is between all of the players, and how they use it (and body language) to "communicate" with - not to mention encourage - each other throughout the concert. These guys are playing without a net, but they're so accomplished and so tight as a collective that you'd never know the kind of danger they're actually in.

Back