Steven Wilson Steven Wilson - The Harmony Codex (2023)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curious that distribution of the standalone blu-ray for this title seems so limited. US retailers only seem to have nothing or just the CD or Vinyl. I don't recall SW's previous releases rolling out this way.

Based on all the info so far: Steven Wilson's comments, reviewer reactions, the two released tracks, it really does seem like THC will be extremely diverse, touching on many different genres. I find Impossible Tightrope to be very compelling and even at nearly 11 minutes doesn't wear out its welcome. The video is gorgeous as well - sadly it does not appear to be included on the blu-ray. Now I'm looking forward to the release!!

According to the Burningshed tracklisting only the following are on the blu-ray:
31. Economies of Scale [Official Music Video]
32. The Harmony Codex [Official Music Video]

SW has held back compelling video on his recent releases, so this is disappointing but not unexpected.

According to the Burningshed tracklisting only the following are on the blu-ray:
31. Economies of Scale [Official Music Video]
32. The Harmony Codex [Official Music Video]

SW has held back compelling video on his recent releases, so this is disappointing but not unexpected.
Thanks, now I understand, I was confused. I'm not really interested in the videos anyway, only the music.
I checked at Burning Shed and the sound of the 2 tracks discussed are on the stand-alone BD in 2ch, 5.1, and Atmos versions. Eager to hear the full release.
https://burningshed.com/steven-wils...r_name=Steven wilson&filter_sub_category=true

SW's new album.
Apple 4K California, only available is the song Economies Of Scale in Dolby Atmos.
No other songs available at all, stereo or Atmos.

Well now that’s more like it…

I’m waiting for the blu-ray to arrive for the rest of the album. In my opinion, too much of Closure/Continuation was released in advance. It didn’t leave much to discover. From Sreven’s description this album needs to be experienced as a whole. Economies is a nice taste until then.

Back