Steven Wilson Steven Wilson - The Harmony Codex (2023)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's only the deluxe set that is in short supply, right?
The stand-alone BR is still readily available, right?

I am fine with not getting a deluxe version, but I do want the BR. I am still waiting for it to appear somewhere in the US however if necessary I don't have a problem buying it from a vendor elsewhere.

It's only the deluxe set that is in short supply, right?
The stand-alone BR is still readily available, right?

I am fine with not getting a deluxe version, but I do want the BR. I am still waiting for it to appear somewhere in the US however if necessary I don't have a problem buying it from a vendor elsewhere.
Looks like that's the case. Amz UK seems to be the cheapest place to preorder (and you can always cancel it)

There's still about 3 weeks to the release date, but locking out US retailers for the blu-ray makes little sense. SW's store is charging $20 plus $8.50 to ship to US. Burningshed cost with shipping to US is $24.58, $9 for shipping. So, the prices aren't bad for the blu-ray but the shipping to US is a bit steep. Just seems petty with no explanation provided.
I bought it from Burning Shed and it was $22 USD including shipping to Canada...
Screenshot 2023-09-09 213125.png

3 tracks released, already feels a bit like overhyped, actually there is nothing new on this album so far, he has done something clever to combine his whole music career on this album if you listen carefully, mean from Solo to PT, Bass Communion, IEM, Blackfield. Of course the music is not bad as a whole, but something new or different no. Steven will probably say again that this is his best album to date. Remains a great Atmos mix and for me a pleasant album what fits well in my music library

3 tracks released, already feels a bit like overhyped, actually there is nothing new on this album so far, he has done something clever to combine his whole music career on this album if you listen carefully, mean from Solo to PT, Bass Communion, IEM, Blackfield. Of course the music is not bad as a whole, but something new or different no. Steven will probably say again that this is his best album to date. Remains a great Atmos mix and for me a pleasant album what fits well in my music library
Agree.

And this 'Rock Bottom' at 1:15 -1:30 I can hear too much similar to Pink Floyd 'Comfortably Number'. Later when the guitar solo, more of that, or 'Marooned' perhaps.

I really like it, but yes, it is not 'something different'. Or at least, is just 'different' to his previous Bollywood and other tracks.

Solid song, nothing new as already stated. Strikes me as another mood-type piece that will fit better not as a standalone but as part of the larger whole (you can tell by the ending that it is probably going right into the next song).

We shall see. The good news is I haven't heard anything that I dislike from the new album yet.

I believe I'll try something a bit different when I get his BD in (yes I broke down and just went for the stand alone BD, but still peeved that the Deluxe run was so limited - @Steven Wilson .)

I'm not going to turn 'all' the lights off for my listening session, but I may light a short candle 🕯️ :) and put it just in front of my Sub, crank it up loud, and see if it knocks the candle out. It may have a bearing on my Poll voting, whether or not the candle gets blown out 😄

I'm pretty sure I'll be fine with the music and of course the mix/mastering, as usual with SW stuff.

interesting interview, 2 hours long and the harmony codex playback free. I've been avoiding clips from his page which reveal parts of the singles, since I want to listen to the album on sep 29 with no preconceptions.

This interview he goes on about the music industry, AI future, what's/who's a genius, etc...etc..

Back