Steven Wilson Steven Wilson - The Harmony Codex (2023)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided to go with Burningshed for the blu-ray and it should be here soon. However, today I saw it finally popping up on several US sites. Importcds now has it for $25.50. The way the blu-ray has been distributed is puzzling.

I decided to go with Burningshed for the blu-ray and it should be here soon. However, today I saw it finally popping up on several US sites. Importcds now has it for $25.50. The way the blu-ray has been distributed is puzzling.
Agree, seems like the pricing is wacky too. Even with exchange rate factored in, $25 is a lot compared to the $17-ish USD it's costing from overseas sources. It should never be cheaper to pay an unfavorable exchange rate plus shipping and still come in under domestic pricing. The entire distribution strategy seems unnecessarily complicated and manipulative.

This just in from the Steven Wilson Store:

1695825800332.png

That's pretty rich. So they restrict distribution of the blu-ray to non-US sites leading up to the release, and then claim product delivery delays to those sites for not dispatching orders they basically forced people to make?:poop:

Why is it that the recent releases from Steven Wilson / PT seem to be associated with some kind of weirdness? At least Burningshed came through.

I did hyper-fixate on "the final part of our stock delivery” and how I ordered immediately when it was listed. Guess I wasn’t as fast as I thought to get their initial allotment.

View attachment 96706
That's pretty rich. So they restrict distribution of the blu-ray to non-US sites leading up to the release, and then claim product delivery delays to those sites for not dispatching orders they basically forced people to make?:poop:

Why is it that the recent releases from Steven Wilson / PT seem to be associated with some kind of weirdness? At least Burningshed came through.
I got the same message from the Steven Wilson Store and I'm in the UK - I wonder if they underestimated the number they'd sell?

There have been funky things going on with the distribution of his stuff going back to Hand Cannot Erase, at least for me. In my mind, he hasn’t always had the best partners.

View attachment 96706

Their problems have hit the shed too. I like Burning Shed's Hi better the Wilson store's Dear Customer.

Hi

Thank you for pre-ordering Steven Wilson’s The Harmony Codex deluxe edition from Burning Shed.

Due to stock delivery delays, your order has not yet been dispatched.

Events beyond our control mean that the final part of our stock delivery is not expected to arrive until later next week.

We are very sorry for the delay and any inconvenience caused.

You will be sent a shipping notification email on the day your order has been dispatched.

Their problems have hit the shed too. I like Burning Shed's Hi better the Wilson store's Dear Customer.

Hi

Thank you for pre-ordering Steven Wilson’s The Harmony Codex deluxe edition from Burning Shed.

Due to stock delivery delays, your order has not yet been dispatched.

Events beyond our control mean that the final part of our stock delivery is not expected to arrive until later next week.

We are very sorry for the delay and any inconvenience caused.

You will be sent a shipping notification email on the day your order has been dispatched.
Seems to be with the deluxe edition specifically.

Unless I got super lucky my standalone blu ray has been dispatched from the Shed as far as I know.

Back