Suggestions for Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't see any of those old Scheiner's getting the AF treatment.. and if they did I doubt they'd do good business. I'd rather more Quad or more unreleased Scheiner stuff (Eagles? Fleetwood Mac? Doobies?) I'm guessing I'm not alone in that.. :eek:

I agree with you. I forgot to originally put "less" in there so it would read "all three titles are less likely candidates for AF to reissue…)
Note to self: Always goes to show you that you should proof-read before posting! ;)

fredblue said:
(apart from that criss-cross drum anomaly you discovered) how's the Quad mix on that Coryell/The Eleventh House? I love that album!

Sonically very similar to the stereo mix, and very discrete. It's one of my favourite albums too...I always hoped a copy of the quad reel listed in Mark Anderson's quad discography would show up, but I have yet to even hear of one.

I actually found the image I made myself about 10 years ago when i was trying to 'figure out' the channel assignments - I can't remember which track it was that I used to make this, but all the tracks were similarly mixed. The coloured stripes represent the stereo images made by each instrument...as I said, I couldn't figure out a way to have the left and right drums to be on the same side in the fronts and rears without something else being diagonally panned.

11thhouse.jpg

I can't see any of those old Scheiner's getting the AF treatment.. and if they did I doubt they'd do good business. I'd rather more Quad or more unreleased Scheiner stuff (Eagles? Fleetwood Mac? Doobies?) I'm guessing I'm not alone in that.. :eek:

Any high profile groups like Fleetwood Mac...Eagles...or the Doobies are going to be big sellers...no matter what album it would be...I suspect that AF's grab of Billy Joel and The Doors have already caught the attention of the "big boys" and since the record business is like other business models..I expect some "monkey see monkey do" response..if these sell well you can expect them to copy the formula...

Sonically very similar to the stereo mix, and very discrete. It's one of my favourite albums too...I always hoped a copy of the quad reel listed in Mark Anderson's quad discography would show up, but I have yet to even hear of one.

I actually found the image I made myself about 10 years ago when i was trying to 'figure out' the channel assignments - I can't remember which track it was that I used to make this, but all the tracks were similarly mixed. The coloured stripes represent the stereo images made by each instrument...as I said, I couldn't figure out a way to have the left and right drums to be on the same side in the fronts and rears without something else being diagonally panned.

View attachment 18388

Thanks! :upthumb LOVE the diagram!! All the colours of the rainbow :wave

With a bit of luck AF will give Eleventh House the Surround SACD treatment so I can hear this one (if the mix sounds as good as it looks.. even with ping pong drums! :ugham:

Any high profile groups like Fleetwood Mac...Eagles...or the Doobies are going to be big sellers...no matter what album it would be...I suspect that AF's grab of Billy Joel and The Doors have already caught the attention of the "big boys" and since the record business is like other business models..I expect some "monkey see monkey do" response..if these sell well you can expect them to copy the formula...

Well in that case.. AF, if you're listening, please can we have..

Doobies - Minute By Minute (Elliot Scheiner 5.1),
Fleetwood Mac - S/T 1975 (Ken Caillat/Elliot Scheiner 5.1),
Eagles - One Of These Nights (Quad? Or did E.Scheiner do a 5.1? I bet he's done more Eagles 5.1 beyond what we've heard already!)..

..on Surround SACD? Pretty please!! :p

Thank you! Love, Fx

Well in that case.. AF, if you're listening, please can we have..

Doobies - Minute By Minute (Elliot Scheiner 5.1),
Fleetwood Mac - S/T 1975 (Ken Caillat/Elliot Scheiner 5.1),
Eagles - One Of These Nights (Quad? Or did E.Scheiner do a 5.1? I bet he's done more Eagles 5.1 beyond what we've heard already!)..

..on Surround SACD? Pretty please!! :p

Thank you! Love, Fx

A couple more you forgot:

Fleetwood mac - Tusk, and;
Eagles - The Long Run (at least some of it has been mixed)

One thing that I never thought about before when it comes to AF's reissues is the timeframe of when all of these albums were originally released.
So far with the exception of "Let It Snow", all other surround discs were albums or compilations released in the 60s or 70s ("Winelight" close by at 1980), so is that the timeframe in which AF are working in?
If so, then I guess it's less likely we'll get surround mixes of music recorded in the 1980s, 1990s, and onward.

And in a way, that's fine by me. When it comes to previously released surround mixes from DVD-A, there's not that much I'm really interested in other than the aforementioned Steely Dan/Donald Fagen records, so as far as I'm concerned, AF should declare open season on all Quad mixes so that all of you Quad lovers can have at it! (along with any other amazing unreleased 5.1 mixes they can dig up!) :)

I mean, this does seem to be the case...but if there were some way to have The Cars in surround...my day would be much better I think.

One thing that I never thought about before when it comes to AF's reissues is the timeframe of when all of these albums were originally released.
So far with the exception of "Let It Snow", all other surround discs were albums or compilations released in the 60s or 70s ("Winelight" close by at 1980), so is that the timeframe in which AF are working in?
If so, then I guess it's less likely we'll get surround mixes of music recorded in the 1980s, 1990s, and onward.

And in a way, that's fine by me. When it comes to previously released surround mixes from DVD-A, there's not that much I'm really interested in other than the aforementioned Steely Dan/Donald Fagen records, so as far as I'm concerned, AF should declare open season on all Quad mixes so that all of you Quad lovers can have at it! (along with any other amazing unreleased 5.1 mixes they can dig up!) :)

Back