Suggestions for Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check the credits on the videos DVD. Bob Rock and Randy I think?

I have the DVD Cunning Stunts and the blu ray Francais Pour Une Nuit...no indication in the DVD box and discs of who did that mix...I'd have to actually watch the screen to see if anyone was mentioned..as much as I like their music their marketing branch sucks...now the blu ray was mostly produced by a French crew(at least the video part)but they did credit Greg Fidelman with the audio mix in the liner notes inside the blu ray...

...if there were some way to have The Cars in surround...my day would be much better I think.

According to Billboard magazine, a 5.1 mix of the Cars first album was slated for release in 2004 as well as the B-52's Cosmic Thing. I would snap up these already-existing surround mixes without hesitation. https://books.google.com/books?id=t...st album" mix 5.1 surround "the cars"&f=false

"This month, Warner Bros. plans 11 titles, including R.E.M.’s “Green”, Out of Time”, Monster”, New Adventures in Hi-Fi” and “Up”. Warner will also release “Roses in the Snow” by Emmylou Harris, “Cosmic Thing” by the B-52’s and the Cars’ first album, among others."

According to Billboard magazine, a 5.1 mix of the Cars first album was slated for release in 2004 as well as the B-52's Cosmic Thing. I would snap up these already-existing surround mixes without hesitation. https://books.google.com/books?id=t...st album" mix 5.1 surround "the cars"&f=false

"This month, Warner Bros. plans 11 titles, including R.E.M.’s “Green”, Out of Time”, Monster”, New Adventures in Hi-Fi” and “Up”. Warner will also release “Roses in the Snow” by Emmylou Harris, “Cosmic Thing” by the B-52’s and the Cars’ first album, among others."

I'm actually listening to the Cars right now... a CD "classic tracks"...some good music by The Cars...not sure they were taken in a serious vein as a band...they should have been..I'd buy a surround version right now...

I'm actually listening to the Cars right now... a CD "classic tracks"...some good music by The Cars...not sure they were taken in a serious vein as a band...they should have been..I'd buy a surround version right now...

The Cars albums have been licensed by Mobile Fidelity for Stereo SACD reissue. So Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACDs won't be happening any time soon, if at all.

The Cars albums have been licensed by Mobile Fidelity for Stereo SACD reissue. So Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACDs won't be happening any time soon, if at all.

Every time I see a post like this, I'm just like…
61520639.jpg

Every time I see a post like this, I'm just like…

Well, it is a competitive business. First one to license gets the prize.
With Mobile Fidelity and Analogue Productions out there as well, Audio Fidelity can't get them all.

Does that license cover all the Car's portfolio?..because they have been "sitting" on these 2 stereo versions for a LONG time...it's like they get these license approvals just to stop someone else from releasing them...

Does that license cover all the Car's portfolio?..because they have been "sitting" on these 2 stereo versions for a LONG time...it's like they get these license approvals just to stop someone else from releasing them...

I'm assuming they will come out on SACD at some point from Mobile Fidelity. Haven't seen any projected release dates yet.

Well, it is a competitive business. First one to license gets the prize.
With Mobile Fidelity and Analogue Productions out there as well, Audio Fidelity can't get them all.

True, but at least Audio Fidelity and Analogue Productions are trying to appease us Multichannel fans.
Mobile Fidelity has never really cared at all about Multichannel, and I don't see that changing anytime soon (though I hope I'm wrong)

True, but at least Audio Fidelity and Analogue Productions are trying to appease us Multichannel fans.
Mobile Fidelity has never really cared at all about Multichannel, and I don't see that changing anytime soon (though I hope I'm wrong)

Mobile Fidelity did release some of the Vox/Turnabout 4 Channel Quad Recordings from the 1970s in Multichannel SACD.
And an album by the Cowboy Junkies. So they are not entirely missing from the Multichannel SACD arena.

As for more current titles, haven't heard anything about Multichannel SACDs from MoFi.

Speaking of the Cars, anyone ever listen to "The Cars - Moving In Quadio" live in Chicago 1978? One of the best live multichannel mixes I have heard, from a band I don't consider a "great" live band. I would pick up all their albums if they ever decide to mix them...

A wonderful response from Marshall Blonstein:
Hi Ryan,

I'll pass along your kind words to Els [concerning "Winelight" and "Homecoming."] We hope in the near future that we will be able to offer you Kamakiriad. Thanks for the kind words.

:cool: :banana: :sun :music

Mobile Fidelity did release some of the Vox/Turnabout 4 Channel Quad Recordings from the 1970s in Multichannel SACD.
And an album by the Cowboy Junkies. So they are not entirely missing from the Multichannel SACD arena.

As for more current titles, haven't heard anything about Multichannel SACDs from MoFi.

I wonder if MoFi is in financial trouble...this would explain the delayed releases...

I don't think so. MoFi is owned by Music Direct these days. Music Direct seems to be doing quite well last time I looked! :)

Yes they bought MoFi as a result of bankruptcy proceedings..and the cause was because their main distributor went under and they never collected the revenue from the product they provided...and didn't you mention something on here about distributor problems when we discussed the future of physical discs...in this financial climate I would never dismiss financial problems because a company appears to be doing well on the surface...just saying...it could happen to anyone now..

Something I saw on SHTV that sparked my attention.

Someone on there wrote to Marshall at AF to request a reissue of the Blue Jays on Quad SACD, and he replied: "It's been requested." (I guess meaning AF have requested UMe to reissue this title!) :cool:

Something I saw on SHTV that sparked my attention.

Someone on there wrote to Marshall at AF to request a reissue of the Blue Jays on Quad SACD, and he replied: "It's been requested." (I guess meaning AF have requested UMe to reissue this title!) :cool:

I've talked to Marshall about that one as a Multichannel SACD. As always, the question is whether it can get licensed from the record label and artists and the status of the master tapes.
We will see.

Back