Steven Wilson Tears For Fears - Seeds Of Love (New Atmos mix by SW)!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully it will be a wider release like the Animals Atmos BD so those of us across the pond don’t have to pay over $50 for a single optical disc!
If you live in the UK, each SDE release now costs a minimum of £30.00 (£25.00 for the disc + £5.00 Royal Mail P&P), which is currently around $38.00 US. How much is the postage to the US of A?

Maybe some of us should get together and do a disc buying swap!

If you live in the UK, each SDE release now costs a minimum of £30.00 (£25.00 for the disc + £5.00 Royal Mail P&P), which is currently around $38.00 US. How much is the postage to the US of A?

It's not that much more:
Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 8.37.18 AM.png

In terms of most recent orders, I paid CAD$55 for Keane Atmos BD from SDE but only CAD$35.88 for Alanis' Jagged Little Pill Atmos BD from the Warner CA store and $37.74 for the Floyd Animals Atmos BD from Amazon CA...so just over 1.5x more for the UK exclusives.

So curious about the thought process behind commissioning someone to do a mix of your album and then just... not releasing it. And for it to happen twice, for the same album! Is it really necessary to wait five years from completion to release something? Especially in this day where it could be uploaded immediately to a streaming service in Atmos.
Roland is notoriously finicky, and often suffers from both option anxiety and analysis paralysis.

as I have said before, I'm perfectly fine waiting a little while longer for new Atmos Blu-Rays of albums like "Seeds of Love" and "Songs from the Big Chair" in exchange for getting 5.1 and Atmos mixes of albums like "Elemental" and "Everybody Loves a Happy Ending" first

:)
“Happy Ending” would be AMAZING with a Wilson surround mix.

I feel sorry for all of those who bought the 5.1 version

"I've recently completed a spatial audio mix of one of my favourite albums Tears For Fears, 'The Seeds of Love', to be made available later this year. Here I am in 2021 talking about what to me is one of the most immersive, ambitious and beautifully produced pop records of all time."

Please don't feel sorry. I have the Seeds of Love box set with the 5.1 mix Blu-Ray and knowing the Tipping Point inside out the Atmos mix was pretty lackluster in Atmos, remixed my none other than Steven Wilson as a last minute decision.

I might not necessarily purchase the Atmos mix unless it is a $24 priced standalone Blu-Ray.

You have to realize, with a new trend comes abuse too. Everybody is blowing air into an ever growing Atmos bubble.

Please don't feel sorry. I have the Seeds of Love box set with the 5.1 mix Blu-Ray and knowing the Tipping Point inside out the Atmos mix was pretty lackluster in Atmos, remixed my none other than Steven Wilson as a last minute decision.

I might not necessarily purchase the Atmos mix unless it is a $24 priced standalone Blu-Ray.

You have to realize, with a new trend comes abuse too. Everybody is blowing air into an ever growing Atmos bubble.
I'm not an Atmos guy anyway, so I doubt I'd buy a new Atmos mix, but Seeds of Love is such a rich and complex mix, that it seems a perfect candidate for Atmos to me.

Back