The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1674981120-scaled-e1694481633883.jpg

0913aaron-rodgers-sacked-jets-e1694531900495.jpg
Quarterback Aaron Rodgers of the New York Jets is sacked by defensive end Leonard Floyd of the Buffalo Bills. Getty Images
https://torontosun.com/sports/football/nfl/jets-rodgers-has-a-torn-left-achilles-tendon
https://torontosun.com/sports/footb...line-after-suffering-leg-injury-in-jets-debut

Terrible thing to happen to Aaron. I really feel for him.
I know I didn't always speak favorability of the whole situation but I wished no ill will towards him.
This has got to be really difficult for him to wrap his mind around.... Rehab for this sort of injury must be tough, a long , slow process. Especially being 39 years old is no cakewalk.
I pray for successful surgery, his recovery & come back!
FWIW, I heard David Bakhtiari, GB OT, thought the artificial tuff had a lot to do with the injury. Maybe it did, who knows....
In many ways it was a fluke thing what happened. In real time it didn't look like anything but in replay you can see his ankle/foot get stretched. Sad situation😕
Leonard Floyd, the guy who sacked him, was with the Bears earlier in his career. So him & Rodgers know each other.
...I must say, the rest of the Jets team look pretty good. What a defense! Even Zack Wilson eventually got it going.

Last edited:
Terrible thing to happen to Aaron. I really feel for him.
I know I didn't always speak favorability of the whole situation but I wished no ill will towards him.
This has got to be really difficult for him to wrap his mind around.... Rehab for this sort of injury must be tough, a long , slow process. Especially being 39 years old is no cakewalk.
I pray for successful surgery, his recovery & come back!
FWIW, I heard David Bakhtiari, GB OT, thought the artificial tuff had a lot to do with the injury. Maybe it did, who knows....
In many ways it was a fluke thing what happened. In real time it didn't look like anything but in replay you can see his ankle/foot get stretched. Sad situation😕
Leonard Floyd, the guy who sacked him, was with the Bears earlier in his career. So him & Rodgers know each other.
...I must say, the rest of the Jets team look pretty good. What a defense! Even Zack Wilson eventually got it going.

I have a hard time with players that have already made their mark and made their fortunes, and know they are on the edge of retirement and the diminishing returns that come with age, yet still roll the dice and stick around in a sport where physical contact is high and hard (football, hockey, motorsports, come to mind and that's leaving out the extreme sports arena). For every Brady that gets by playing past their "recommended expiration date" there is a Joe Montana that gets creamed and ends up leaving the game on a stretcher.

So while I feel sorry for Aaron and wish him all the best, sometimes you would be wise to follow the intelligent, practical course. If he tries to come back again, he is truly a fool. Walk away with what health you have left and your millions and enjoy life dude.

conversion therapy - and a few glasses of Honolulu Blue Kool Aid - will get you off the list and on the bandwagon
Thanks for confirming that I was on the list. Not too paranoid. The team that means the most to me is the Toronto Maple Leafs, I bleed blue. Again, thanks for confirming.

I have a hard time with players that have already made their mark and made their fortunes, and know they are on the edge of retirement and the diminishing returns that come with age, yet still roll the dice and stick around in a sport where physical contact is high and hard (football, hockey, motorsports, come to mind and that's leaving out the extreme sports arena). For every Brady that gets by playing past their "recommended expiration date" there is a Joe Montana that gets creamed and ends up leaving the game on a stretcher.

So while I feel sorry for Aaron and wish him all the best, sometimes you would be wise to follow the intelligent, practical course. If he tries to come back again, he is truly a fool. Walk away with what health you have left and your millions and enjoy life dude.
Yeah, I'm pretty much leaning in your direction. When a team is struggling to get out of a rut they have two choices. Take chance of fresh untested talent & nurture them along or get a proven old timer that might have a few more good years left. The former is what the Chiefs did with Mahomes, which has worked out pretty good, the latter is what we did with Joe Montana.

Joe Montana was with us only 2 seasons & I believe it was the first season he was injured and only played about half of it. Along with Marcus Allen they went to one play off. Then it was misery for like the next 18 or 20 years. Marcus Allen stayed on longer & he was good but the Schottenheimer team failed to excel. God bless you Detroit, KC remembers how it feels.

I don't think it's always the money that keeps these athletes motivated. Just like musical performer that can't even stand on his own for a whole stage performance it's what they do. And if they don't do that then what?

I don't think it's always the money that keeps these athletes motivated. Just like musical performer that can't even stand on his own for a whole stage performance it's what they do. And if they don't do that then what?
I hate when someone asks a question that they already know the answer to... see post #2085
:D
:p;)

In the article it says the fans cheered when Rodgers got sacked& again when they realized he was hurt.
Wow.....Tough crowd!
As I seem to recall, there was more loyalty to Favre when he initially left than to Rodgers. That is, till Favre went to the Vikings. Then he wasn't so popular 🙁....sort of like Behind Blue Eyes by The Who... 'To be hated, to be fated, to telling only lies🎶'
GB fans still highly dislike the Vikings to this day!

Last edited:
I’m a life long Jets fan and had high hopes this season because I felt finally we would have a QB that can complete a pass (and get to use the talent we have see Garrett Wilson). But alas no. :(

Whenever I wore my Jets gear this Summer, for the first time ever I got a lot of grief from strangers that I never experienced before. Usually people are sympathetic to the never ending Jets plight but this year the haters were out in force. Even on my cruise around Iceland last month had people see my Jets logo and tear into Rodgers (Packers fans).
They would say good luck with him in extreme sarcasm. Guess they are really pissed he left. But it did give Love his shot.

i knew it was a gamble but one the Jets needed to do at this point because they have been terrible drafting QBs in the past 2 decades (Sanchez/ Smith/ Darnold/ Wilson).

At least the Jets still have that D and plenty of talent so they still could sneak into the playoffs.

I’m a life long Jets fan and had high hopes this season because I felt finally we would have a QB that can complete a pass (and get to use the talent we have see Garrett Wilson). But alas no. :(

Whenever I wore my Jets gear this Summer, for the first time ever I got a lot of grief from strangers that I never experienced before. Usually people are sympathetic to the never ending Jets plight but this year the haters were out in force. Even on my cruise around Iceland last month had people see my Jets logo and tear into Rodgers (Packers fans).
They would say good luck with him in extreme sarcasm. Guess they are really pissed he left. But it did give Love his shot.

i knew it was a gamble but one the Jets needed to do at this point because they have been terrible drafting QBs in the past 2 decades (Sanchez/ Smith/ Darnold/ Wilson).

At least the Jets still have that D and plenty of talent so they still could sneak into the playoffs.
Hi JohnG.... I'm a life long fan too. So we share that much but not for the Jets but for the Packers.
Us GB fans have become spoiled by all the success & jaded by never being able to win it all again.
So I think many turned & got a bit cynical towards the whole Rodgers thing. GB fans can be a real fickle bunch of idiots😕.
A lot of GB fans thought the team should have traded him after the 2021season instead of waiting a yr.
Especially when 2022 turned out bad! ( Thank you Detroit!)
I thought they should have moved him after 2020 season. His value was highest then.
If you go look back in this thread regarding how I thought the Jets trade would work out & Rogers in general. I believed if he didn't get hurt he'd have a real good year.
I sort of wondered all along about his durability. I didn't think he had it. Sadly, he took a fluke hit & this happened🙁.
Never imagined he'd only make it 4 snaps.
But I give the Jets much credit for going out & getting a pro bowl QB.
Maybe this will wake up Wilson. I dont know if they have a 3rd string qb or not. But now they do need to go out & get a good veteran QB to at least to help Wilson....I don't know how you start a veteran instead of Wilson who does already know the offense.. This is a tough one Bunkie....
I wish the Jets much success!

Last edited:
Hi JohnG.... I'm a life long fan too. So we share that much but not for the Jets but for the Packers.
Us GB fans have become spoiled by all the success & jaded by never being able to win it all again.
So I think many turned & got a bit cynical towards the whole Rodgers thing. GB fans can be a real fickle bunch of idiots😕.
A lot of GB fans thought the team should have traded him after the 2021season instead of waiting a yr.
Especially when 2022 turned out bad! ( Thank you Detroit!)
I thought they should have moved him after 2020 season. His value was highest then.
If you go look back in this thread regarding how I thought the Jets trade would work out & Rogers in general. I believed if he didn't get hurt he'd have a real good year.
I sort of wondered all along about his durability. I didn't think he had it. Sadly, he took a fluke hit & this happened🙁.
Never imagined he'd only make it 4 snaps.
But I give the Jets much credit for going out & getting a pro bowl QB.
Maybe this will wake up Wilson. I dont know if they have a 3rd string qb or not. But now they do need to go out & get a good veteran QB to at least to help Wilson....I don't know how you start a veteran instead of Wilson who does already know the offense.. This is a tough one Bunkie....
I wish the Jets much success!

Detroit says 'you're welcome" Bobman
Im not in the GB know nor in their locker room but it just seems that there was dysfunction with the team the past couple of years. Was that fault of Rodgers ? I dont know, but in my reads he came across as an odd prima donna. And it was all about Aaron. I hear that there are 53 guys on a team - and as thay say. there is no 'I' in Team

If Aaron was the root of dysfunction I would have traded him long ago--like you say, 2020 ish

Now he is looking at a bad injury. An injury that can take 2 years to recover from. Perhaps 1 if he is lucky and heals well. He had a guaranteed contract.
Retire Aaron and move on to your next passion in life. As far as the Jets ? Be wise --if you are going to spend big bucks to go get a veteran - go get one that is young, healthy and not a dysfunctioneer.

Last edited:
During the Lombardi years, there were almost as many Packer fans in New Jersey as there were in Wisconsin. If one didn’t know geography, one would think that Green Bay was a small town just outside New Brunswick in central Jersey.

Green Bay this, and Lombardi that…all day long.

Switching topic, moving on.
Tonight Vikings at Eagles.
Part of me thinks it will be Niners and Eagles again in NFC Championship, I hope it will be Detroit. I do think Vikings are a possible, they are a good team.
Side note: the best Super Bowls are East Coast vs West Coast as it involves the whole country, the worst Super Bowls are all East Coast or all West Coast.
The period of Super Bowls I hated was Buffalo and Dallas, to repetitive. The worst Super Bowl was two years ago, Patriots and Rams-boring.
The best Super Bowl, not 49'ers included was the recent Eagles win over Patriots.
Sorry, I went off my own topic.

Tonight I wish for a Vikings win, for the purpose of adding to the chances of home field advantage playoffs 49ers.

Back