The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry marpow, but the Niners came down with a bad case of Addison’s Disease.
Yeps! 2 losses in a row.
Even though Minnesota looked real good, when they missed that last fg attempt, I thought SF was going to go down & score a td to win...but it wasn't going to happen.
A very entertaining game to watch!
Sorry Markie....

Last edited:
hey Markie
FYI

Kirk Cousins has a 2-10 record on Mondays in his career.
I'll update that record for you Rickie, to 3-10 on MNF.
Glad that the MNF games are now being shown on ABC ota broadcasts, for now.
Otherwise I wouldn't be seeing them. I subscribe to no cable or stream services.
Btw, I hope the Vikings have a huge let down after their big win. Next up, Minn. @ GB this Sunday!!😊

I'll update that record for you Rickie, to 3-10 on MNF.
Glad that the MNF games are now being shown on ABC ota broadcasts, for now.
Otherwise I wouldn't be seeing them. I subscribe to no cable or stream services.
Btw, I hope the Vikings have a huge let down after their big win. Next up, Minn. @ GB this Sunday!!😊
Bobman - I would appreciate a GB victory this week. NFL weekly power rankings are out. Number 1 is KC. Then Philly
The Lions drop to number 9. Da Browns are number 8 ???? Cmon Man !!

Bob - same here no cable or streaming but I did get a 30 day free trial from Scamazon to watch that one recent Thursday night game from GB .

Last edited:
Is it because of the writer's guild strike? Nothing else to show? If so, let's tell them to stay on strike and have NFL football on TV every night of the week. 🤪
My wish! NFL football on TV every night of the week, oh yeah. :LOL:
source.gif

Is it because of the writer's guild strike? Nothing else to show? If so, let's tell them to stay on strike and have NFL football on TV every night of the week. 🤪
I thought I heard something related to the writers strike was the reason....but mnf is probably the highest rated show that espn/ABC has. I've heard ESPN is among the costliest for cable providers. Hence, all the problems with service being cut. Now, they're giving it away for free so to speak!
Imo, MNF is better now with Buck & Aikman than a few years back. But no where nearly as good as it was back in the day!

Rickie, I hope GB beats Minn. also. But they have regressed since the season began. Not sure if they are even capable of such a feat!

I thought I heard something related to the writers strike was the reason....but mnf is probably the highest rated show that espn/ABC has. I've heard ESPN is among the costliest for cable providers. Hence, all the problems with service being cut. Now, they're giving it away for free so to speak!
Imo, MNF is better now with Buck & Aikman than a few years back. But no where nearly as good as it was back in the day!

Rickie, I hope GB beats Minn. also. But they have regressed since the season began. Not sure if they are even capable of such a feat!
and it seems like Mini is starting to get their act together - somewhat

Disney paid way too much for broadcast rights, thus the driver for the high cost of ESPN.

Nowhere as good as it was back in the day...You mean with Dandy Don and Howard ("The knee, the knee, always the knee") Cosell?

I have paid hardly any attention to MLB with both the Yanks and Mets out of the playoffs. Today I see that two teams with mediocre regular seasons, D-backs and Rangers, are in the World Series. D-backs got into the wild card round over @GOS 's Cubbies by the skin of their teeth. I also see that both of these teams annihilated heavy favorites in the divisional round of the playoffs. Talk about lying in the weeds all season long!

I have paid hardly any attention to MLB with both the Yanks and Mets out of the playoffs. Today I see that two teams with mediocre regular seasons, D-backs and Rangers, are in the World Series. D-backs got into the wild card round over @GOS 's Cubbies by the skin of their teeth. I also see that both of these teams annihilated heavy favorites in the divisional round of the playoffs. Talk about lying in the weeds all season long!
no kidding !! I thought for sure it would be Astros - Phillies. My sports predications have been so far off the mark as of late.......the mute button has been pushed on RickyPicks

I was actually following the Phillies run, as my buddy X-Cubbie Schwarber is on the team. He's been KILLING the ball during this run...but fell silent last night. UGH. Now, I officially do not have any desire to watch the WSeries.

no kidding !! I thought for sure it would be Astros - Phillies. My sports predications have been so far off the mark as of late.......the mute button has been pushed on RickyPicks
Yes, the 5th & 6th seeds make it to the World series. In recent years, whom ever beats the Brewers wins it all. AZ sweep Brewers 2-0 in first round even though all the games were in Milwaukee.
Look how many road teams won games.. Home field isn't what it used to be in baseball.

Back