The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Wild Card Weekend​

Saturday, Jan. 13

• (5) Browns at (4) Texans, 4:30 p.m. ET (NBC). For just the second time in 20 years, the Browns are in the playoffs. These two teams met back in Week 16, but you probably shouldn't take too much away from that 36-22 win by Cleveland because C.J. Stroud didn't play. The Texans superstar rookie will be on the field this week and he'll be facing one of his biggest tests of the season in the Browns defense.
  • (6) Dolphins at (3) Chiefs, 8 p.m. ET (Peacock). Tyreek Hill is going to get a second chance at beating his former team, and this time, he gets to do it in Kansas City. These two teams did meet back in Week 9 in a game that Kansas City won 21-14, but that game was played in Germany. The temperature in Kansas City is expected to be below 12 degrees on Saturday night.
Sunday, Jan. 14

• (7) Steelers at (2) Bills, 1 p.m. ET (CBS/stream on Paramount+ (click here). This game will be played in Buffalo, where the Bills have been nearly unbeatable this year, going 7-1. Josh Allen has faced the Steelers four times in his career and he's gone 3-1 in those games. The Sunday forecast in Buffalo is calling for sub-freezing temperatures with possible snow.
  • (7) Packers at (2) Cowboys, 4:30 p.m. ET (Fox). This will be a revenge game for Mike McCarthy. This will mark just the second time that the Cowboys coach has faced the Packers since being fired by them in December 2018. McCarthy lost the first meeting in 2022 and will be looking to get his first win over Green Bay.
  • (6) Rams at (3) Lions, 8 p.m. ET (NBC). For their first home playoff game in 30 years, the Lions will be welcoming an old friend back to Detroit: Matthew Stafford. The Rams QB led the Lions to the playoffs three times, but never got to play a home game. This will also be a huge game for Jared Goff, who will be facing a team and a head coach that traded him away because they didn't want him anymore.
Monday, Jan. 15

• (5) Eagles at (4) Buccaneers, 8:15 p.m. ET (ABC/ESPN). The Eagles are stumbling into the playoffs, but they will head to Tampa Bay knowing that they beat the Buccaneers 25-11 at Raymond James Stadium back in Week 3

We'll both die before either of us gives them a penny!😠
Everywhere I read streaming services are struggling to stay in the black, except Netflix & YT. Obviously the ploy is exclusive sports games might be enough to get sports addicts to subscribe. I wonder how wise a business model this is in the long run? Someone like Peacock or Amazon must meet or exceed bids over networks to get exclusive rights. And then they have no advertising revenue to help, just trying to get more subscribers.

Last year Dancing with the Has Been's, er, Stars went to Disney + from ABC (owned by Disney, of course). That lasted one season and now it's back on the network. I guess not much in the way of new subscribers and no advertising $$. I also read the show presenters/performers found it tough to do with out commercial breaks as it really was just live all the way through. I imagine football will find the same thing.

At our house I'm a long time subscriber to Netflix. We signed up for the Disney + bundle (Disney, HULU, ESPN) when we took a big family vacay to Disney World. Being a subscriber got us good discounts. My wife subscribes to Britbox & we watch that & the networks mostly.

I predict or at least hope the exclusive NFL streaming packages are an experiment that will fizzle out in a season or two. Or maybe this one...

Super Wild Card Weekend​

Saturday, Jan. 13

• (5) Browns at (4) Texans, 4:30 p.m. ET (NBC). For just the second time in 20 years, the Browns are in the playoffs. These two teams met back in Week 16, but you probably shouldn't take too much away from that 36-22 win by Cleveland because C.J. Stroud didn't play. The Texans superstar rookie will be on the field this week and he'll be facing one of his biggest tests of the season in the Browns defense.
  • (6) Dolphins at (3) Chiefs, 8 p.m. ET (Peacock). Tyreek Hill is going to get a second chance at beating his former team, and this time, he gets to do it in Kansas City. These two teams did meet back in Week 9 in a game that Kansas City won 21-14, but that game was played in Germany. The temperature in Kansas City is expected to be below 12 degrees on Saturday night.
Sunday, Jan. 14

• (7) Steelers at (2) Bills, 1 p.m. ET (CBS/stream on Paramount+ (click here). This game will be played in Buffalo, where the Bills have been nearly unbeatable this year, going 7-1. Josh Allen has faced the Steelers four times in his career and he's gone 3-1 in those games. The Sunday forecast in Buffalo is calling for sub-freezing temperatures with possible snow.
  • (7) Packers at (2) Cowboys, 4:30 p.m. ET (Fox). This will be a revenge game for Mike McCarthy. This will mark just the second time that the Cowboys coach has faced the Packers since being fired by them in December 2018. McCarthy lost the first meeting in 2022 and will be looking to get his first win over Green Bay.
  • (6) Rams at (3) Lions, 8 p.m. ET (NBC). For their first home playoff game in 30 years, the Lions will be welcoming an old friend back to Detroit: Matthew Stafford. The Rams QB led the Lions to the playoffs three times, but never got to play a home game. This will also be a huge game for Jared Goff, who will be facing a team and a head coach that traded him away because they didn't want him anymore.
Monday, Jan. 15

• (5) Eagles at (4) Buccaneers, 8:15 p.m. ET (ABC/ESPN). The Eagles are stumbling into the playoffs, but they will head to Tampa Bay knowing that they beat the Buccaneers 25-11 at Raymond James Stadium back in Week 3
Gadzooks! Not much music appreciation time for me this weekend or Monday. Thanks for the comprehensive list!

No soccer games to attend!

Well a couple observations for this upcoming wildcard weekend.
1. It completely sucks that they throw in one Peacock game, I had to use Peacock for an earlier game and just yesterday I was cleaning up all my TV apps. They are such a rip off and the premise is they hope you will forget and just not notice or care about the little monthly fees.

49ers , the best plays the worst.
So we are looking at
Green Bay at Dallas-I hope Green Bay (9-8) wins.
Los Angeles at Detroit-I hope Detroit (12-5) wins.
Philadelphia at Tampa Bay- Hmm, I think I hope Eagles (11-6) win. Philly has a better record but Tampa won there division.

If my math is correct and my hopes are correct we would play Green Bay as our first game. Jan 17-23.

mveukc7khk3phkj1joci.jpg

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/buffalo-bills-claim-fourth-consecutive-afc-east-title

Rickie, comes to SF, 2024 Regular Season.

Below is a breakdown of the 49ers home and away opponents for 2024:

HOME:
  • Arizona Cardinals
  • Los Angeles Rams
  • Seattle Seahawks
  • Chicago Bears
  • Detroit Lions
  • New York Jets
  • New England Patriots
  • Kansas City Chiefs
  • Dallas Cowboys

Away:​

• Cardinals
  • Rams
  • Seahawks
  • Green Bay Packers
  • Minnesota Vikings
  • Miami Dolphins
  • Buffalo Bills
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Well a couple observations for this upcoming wildcard weekend.
1. It completely sucks that they throw in one Peacock game, I had to use Peacock for an earlier game and just yesterday I was cleaning up all my TV apps. They are such a rip off and the premise is they hope you will forget and just not notice or care about the little monthly fees.

49ers , the best plays the worst.
So we are looking at
Green Bay at Dallas-I hope Green Bay (9-8) wins.
Los Angeles at Detroit-I hope Detroit (12-5) wins.
Philadelphia at Tampa Bay- Hmm, I think I hope Eagles (11-6) win. Philly has a better record but Tampa won there division.

If my math is correct and my hopes are correct we would play Green Bay as our first game. Jan 17-23.
if my math is correct - and all higher ranked teams win ( and Philly wins ) the MarkieNiners would play Philly and Detroit would play DollAss

I'm not good at bragging or saying I told you so. :ROFLMAO:

What's the big deal? The Bills have been the strongest team in the AFC East all season long by a large margin but decided they wanted to make things interesting. For much of his career, I've watched Mahomes play every first half like he didn't give a shit. (Am I wrong @Sonik Wiz or what?) So why not Allen and the Bills?

What's the big deal? The Bills have been the strongest team in the AFC East all season long by a large margin but decided they wanted to make things interesting. For much of his career, I've watched Mahomes play every first half like he didn't give a shit. (Am I wrong @Sonik Wiz or what?) So why not Allen and the Bills?
Yup. As a matter of fact I was watching & thinking this is almost like a Chiefs game of yore.

Everywhere I read streaming services are struggling to stay in the black, except Netflix & YT. Obviously the ploy is exclusive sports games might be enough to get sports addicts to subscribe. I wonder how wise a business model this is in the long run? Someone like Peacock or Amazon must meet or exceed bids over networks to get exclusive rights. And then they have no advertising revenue to help, just trying to get more subscribers.

Last year Dancing with the Has Been's, er, Stars went to Disney + from ABC (owned by Disney, of course). That lasted one season and now it's back on the network. I guess not much in the way of new subscribers and no advertising $$. I also read the show presenters/performers found it tough to do with out commercial breaks as it really was just live all the way through. I imagine football will find the same thing.

At our house I'm a long time subscriber to Netflix. We signed up for the Disney + bundle (Disney, HULU, ESPN) when we took a big family vacay to Disney World. Being a subscriber got us good discounts. My wife subscribes to Britbox & we watch that & the networks mostly.

I predict or at least hope the exclusive NFL streaming packages are an experiment that will fizzle out in a season or two. Or maybe this one...
Im not sure about the no commercials thing. Maybe only if you subscribe to the upper tier which costs more, of course.

When Peacock started out I downloaded the app to my firestick. It was free with commercials. Most of the programming was already available on NBC. They did have a few exclusive series that interested me. They would allow you to watch the first 2 or 3 episodes and then tell you you had to subscribe to continue watching. Bastards.

Then the free option disappeared. Now there are 2 pay options one with and one without commercials. The higher tier also gives you the local NBC affiliate 24/7. They make a big deal out of something that is a free broadcast to begin with. Bastards.

When there was a Peacock only Bills game on, it was shown on the local affiliate. But it wasn't commercial free. The normal segues for commercials were still there. So I don't see how they would offer a game with no commercials. My guess is NFL games will still have commercials and they are double dipping on those. Bastards.

I am fully pissed off that I won't be able to get the Miami @KC game. I think the NFL has hit a new low by allowing this to happen to a playoff game. I will not pay for Peacock, and if there is ever a game I feel I just have to watch, I'll go to a bar that has it and support the local economy instead.

Back