The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All that's true, but Campbell threw away 6 points going for it on 4th twice. When a team loses there is plenty of blame to go around. You win as a team and lose as a team. You can probably find a bunch of missed opportunities on both teams if you scrutinize every play.
@LuvMyQuad brought it up also. I agree with Campbell's decision on the first opportunity to go for the 4th and 2 from the 28. He knew that the Lions pass defense was suspect and that the 49ers could score quickly, so he needed the extra four points. Also, I don't know how much trust he had in his rookie kicker and a miss would have given the Niners the ball on the 35 yard line. :unsure:

But the second 4th down decision made no sense to me unless, yet again, he wasn't confident in his rookie kicker. :unsure:

Anyway, as usual, another NFL games with a bunch of "if onlys."

@LuvMyQuad brought it up also. I agree with Campbell's decision on the first opportunity to go for the 4th and 2 from the 28. He knew that the Lions pass defense was suspect and that the 49ers could score quickly, so he needed the extra four points. Also, I don't know how much trust he had in his rookie kicker and a miss would have given the Niners the ball on the 35 yard line. :unsure:

But the second 4th down decision made no sense to me unless, yet again, he wasn't confident in his rookie kicker. :unsure:

Anyway, as usual, another NFL games with a bunch of "if onlys."
I was pulling for the Lions, but…
Frankly feel bad for the players due to coaching decisions.
If you MUST go for it on 4th down (I would have taken the points), why pass?
They had been running at will. That’s what I don’t get.
You want to gamble, fine…but increase your odds!
Feel terrible for the good folks of Day-Twah…they deserved better 😞

I'm a bit tired this morning.

It was a well fought game. I am watching the game on TV now.
Rickie, hats off to you and the Lions, what a great season.
Don't waste your money on a 49er mini helmet, not worth it. All bets off.

Sonik, well here we are again, last time we had Jimmy G., this time Brock Purdy.
We will definitely need to try harder this time.

Sonik, well here we are again, last time we had Jimmy G., this time Brock Purdy.
thanks Markie

helmet is on order. A bet is a bet. I lost

The way our season started off I didn't dream of reaching back to back Super Bowls. Much less who we would be up against. Lo & behold it's 49'ers. Again. Second time in four years this is just making my head swirl. I don't think the Chiefs will be so spectacular next game & I know SF will go in like it's a life or death situation. I am at a loss as to expecting who might win so I guess we will both find out on Feb 11th.

.........................in typical Lions fashion...........................

the curse of Bobby Layne continues.
Off the helmet and into SanFran's hands ? Seriously ? You cant make this shit up

I know you are bummed big time. But at the risk of stating the obvious, it's not very common to go from zero to Super Bowl heroes in one season. Seems to me it's more stair step fashion. It's more about long term progression & the Lions have certainly progressed. If I were you I'd lay off the Kool Aid & look forward to next season!

Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 11.17.56 AM.jpg

And the winner is....

Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 11.17.28 AM.jpg

(Even Valdez-Scantling made a catch when he had to. You saw that @Sonik Wiz .)

Back