The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All right, in chair position to watch Niners/Raiders, my NOT favorite Trey Lance starts first half and probably the better Sam Darnold for the second half.
I guess this means as of today Brock Purdy is there #1?
I went to big party all day yesterday, so this Niners pre season game will likely be more falling asleep than watching. :SG

Pre Season makes me nervous, I know it is glorified training camp, but my Niners not even close yet.
I think most will agree they have one of top offense and defense, but last night Special Teams and Kicking, UGH, scary not good.

The GB vs NE game was ended early, with 10:29 remaining in 4th qt. due to an injury. A concussion to a NE player. He was released from the hospital the next day & traveled back with team..
This is starting to look like a new trend...a bad trend imho!
Someone gets hurt, game over. Sorry fans! If I was a paying fan I'd be upset!
LaFleur & Belichick had a little meeting & apparently didn't want to play anymore. (LaFleur is a Belichick wannabe anyway so he probably just went along with whatever Mr. Bill wanted).
So I guess the league goes along with whatever the coaches want in this regard.
Are we going to call more games? Maybe we just shouldn't play the games since there may be other injuries.....🤔
I can promise you that there are going to be other injuries & that it's just a part of the game!
Of course I don't want players to get hurt if anyone thinks I'm being a bit heartless.
Oh ya, NE was leading 21-17 & gets the win. So how was this figured in the point spread?? Who knows!
Sadly, the game is sort of getting to be a joke...

Last edited:
Someone gets hurt, game over. Sorry fans! If I was a paying fan I'd be upset!
I'm wondering if it being a pre-season game had anything to with ending it? Perhaps both coaches agreed that they had seen enough of who had played in the game to make go-forward decisions and didn't really need to see any additional playing time.

I don't know what would happen in a regular season game given that same situation. Damar Hamlin suffered a major cardiac event when that game was called. This was a bit different.

The Baltimore Ravens at Washington Commanders last night was one of the better preseason games I've seen, WAS really wanted to end Harbaugh's preseason win streak and they did just that.

I bet WAS will be immediately better post-Daniel Snyder, which is not good news for this diehard Big Blue fan.

500 units on the Commanders to win the NFC East.

The Baltimore Ravens at Washington Commanders last night was one of the better preseason games I've seen, WAS really wanted to end Harbaugh's preseason win streak and they did just that.

I bet WAS will be immediately better post-Daniel Snyder, which is not good news for this diehard Big Blue fan.

I get your humour and I would hope units = pennies as the Eagles will be winning the East

I was so glad that streak came to an end. To me it's silly to apply any meaning to winning pre-season games. The final score should be secondary to the mission of deciding personnel and knocking the rust off. It also gives the team a fake sense of superiority that can quickly evaporate once the real season starts. I'd rather my team start off thinking they have something to prove than thinking they are on the already on the right track because they did well in the preseason. On the other hand I wouldn't want my team to be riding a 24 game losing streak in pre-season either.

Yes the Dan Snyder era which kept Washington a perennial loser is over. While I enjoyed seeing Washington struggle and implode every year (it's a Maryland thing... you are either brought up to love the Balt team and hate the Wash team, or vice-versa) they actually have a chance to build a competitive team over the next couple of season without the owner sabotaging the effort. I wouldn't bet on them to win the division though.

I'm wondering if it being a pre-season game had anything to with ending it? Perhaps both coaches agreed that they had seen enough of who had played in the game to make go-forward decisions and didn't really need to see any additional playing time.

I don't know what would happen in a regular season game given that same situation. Damar Hamlin suffered a major cardiac event when that game was called. This was a bit different.
You are probably right about the reasoning as to why the coaches stopped it. GB & NE had had the 2 previous days as join practices.
It was an odd play he got hurt on. He hit or got hit by 'friendly fire' so to speak . Go watch it...
I just don't like the precedent it sets....

Last edited:
Hey Ricky,
Your Loins are playing @ Carolina tonight. 7pmcst, CBS, nationally televised game... Should be interesting.
You still been drinking the blue kool-aid? ....their run for a playoff win from when? .before WWII or so🤔?

Last edited:
Back