The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and what about all the ribs and brisket ?
Don't worry. We will still enjoy them! What we have ordered for take away tomorrow:

1694027983746.jpeg

Plus a nice 6 pack of Tank 7 and a new Chiefs flag to hang out front.

well @Sonik Wiz -
here we go. today is the day. my thoughts
- Kelce. just like I assumed. listed as 'questionable'. Reid will put him in the game which will fire up an already delirious crowd AND his team mates
- weather looks fine - thank goodness
- its going to be LOUD at the NFL's loudest stadium. crazy loud
- is my team the real deal or not. we will find out. Even if they are not they are STILL gonna win the SuperBowl dammit . ( pouring more Kool Aid )
- should be a fun game with plenty of scoring
- Ill stand by an earlier prediction - team to have the ball last will win the game. It will be that close.
- Tank 7. Be careful - that swill has a kick. Its a 'school night' for me ( work tomorrow ) so no drinking rule is in effect at my house. Plus I get up at 4 thirty AM and this game prolly wont be over til midnight.
- Im worried about our PAT and field goal kicker = no confidence
- think I said 31-27 Lions awhile ago. Ill stick with that

Good luck. May the best team win ( hear that NFL officiating crew ? )

Last edited:
Todays, the day, pulling for the Lions, of course. Chiefs beat us in Super Bowl, so until we beat them, which will be this year, I cannot go Chiefs, have to go Lions.

Nick Bosa, playing this weekend against Steelers, hope he is not weighted down by his 170 million 5 year contract. 122 million guaranteed and 55 million signing bonus.

I should have been a Pro NFL player.

Todays, the day, pulling for the Lions, of course. Chiefs beat us in Super Bowl, so until we beat them, which will be this year, I cannot go Chiefs, have to go Lions.

Nick Bosa, playing this weekend against Steelers, hope he is not weighted down by his 170 million 5 year contract. 122 million guaranteed and 55 million signing bonus.

Markie
The Lions adopted you. We need you to have us as your number 2

As far as money being a Pro player, you are only one pay grade down from them as a professional contractor ( $$$ ) AND you dont get concussed.

I was a defensive tackle at about 14. :LOL:

I've been frequenting a lot of Detroit local news. I don't know about this game or the Super Bowl but the more I read the more I expect the Lions will make it to the play offs. Good for them & the fans! I never paid attention to the Lions until getting involved with this thread. I'm really looking forward to the game tonight!!

Never mind Kelce's knee, all our town can talk about today is our DE Chris Jones is on strike & won't play tonight. And he hasn't been to any pre-season training or games. He has a current contract for this season but he's on strike holding out for more. Asking for raise as he puts it. If I wanted a raise from my boss & asked for it, I don't think a work stoppage would help the process along. It's costs him a million dollars each season game he's missing and some $100k+ each training day missed. At a certain point this technique seems counter productive.

But the the only thing I know less about than sports in general is the business of sports.

I love Andy Reid. I will be shocked if Kelce truly does sit out tonite. I feel this situation is right out of the Motivate My Team playbook.
If this is indeed the case - and its been a ploy - take KC for the bet as the stadium and KC players are going to be sky high.
Emotion wins games

Speaking of stadium - KC fans and Arrowhead are the epitome of the 12th man. Our No Count offense will be tested to the nines. If the fans
rattle and get to Goff its going to be a long night. An early, quick 2 touchdown lead would quiet the place down

How does Detroit win this one ? The only way is to keep Patrick ( and Kelce ) OFF the field. Grind football. Running game. Key to this game for Detroit is the former Bear David Mongomery that we picked up via free agency this summer. Ive yet to see David play for Detroit. If he can muscle out 5 to 6 yards average per carry and have 20-25 carries, Patrick may not have enough clock to beat us.

The NFL and NBC did a fine job picking this game to open the season. No bias intended here

Last edited:
I've been frequenting a lot of Detroit local news. I don't know about this game or the Super Bowl but the more I read the more I expect the Lions will make it to the play offs. Good for them & the fans! I never paid attention to the Lions until getting involved with this thread. I'm really looking forward to the game tonight!!

Never mind Kelce's knee, all our town can talk about today is our DE Chris Jones is on strike & won't play tonight. And he hasn't been to any pre-season training or games. He has a current contract for this season but he's on strike holding out for more. Asking for raise as he puts it. If I wanted a raise from my boss & asked for it, I don't think a work stoppage would help the process along. It's costs him a million dollars each season game he's missing and some $100k+ each training day missed. At a certain point this technique seems counter productive.

But the the only thing I know less about than sports in general is the business of sports.
Bill Parcells: “Football players play football.”

Back