The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why weren't you in school, Clement? That game was on a Thursday. I distinctly remember coming home from school, turning on the TV with the Cards getting shut out. Mike Shannon hit a homer in the bottom of the 9th for the Cards. It was about the thing the home fans got to cheer about.
I bolted home from school! I got to see the bottom of six to the end! I brought a transistor radio to school and tried to sneak a listen! Baseball ruled!

I bolted home from school! I got to see the bottom of six to the end! I brought a transistor radio to school and tried to sneak a listen! Baseball ruled!
Weren't you in the Central Timezone? So the game was on an hour earlier than here in the east. Bolted...Sounds like you played some partia-day hooky there, Fred. Did you give the teacher the excuse that you had to go to bowling lessons? :ROFLMAO:

Weren't you in the Central Timezone? So the game was on an hour earlier than here in the east. Bolted...Sounds like you played some partia-day hooky there, Fred. Did you give the teacher the excuse that you had to go to bowling lessons? :ROFLMAO:
I think school ended a bit after 2 back then. My second grade teacher, Mrs. Sherman, lived on the same block as my childhood best friend, David Snyder, who was in her class the year before when the Cards won the Series. (i grew up in a small suburb of Chicago). Maybe she did cut me a little slack cuz i know David was gloating over the 1967 series, and Mrs. Sherman was also a Cubs fan!

And Kansas City is happy today. Beat out the Baltimore Orioles to reach next ALDS on October 5th.
1727969736507.jpeg

Looks like we need to beat down the Yankees next!

Most Valuable Player​

2. Josh Allen, QB, Bills

If you read my column on the 3-0 teams last week, Allen was the easy pick for MVP. He was producing at a high level and had eliminated virtually all of the negative plays from his game. He had a lead of nearly 13 points on the rest of the league in QBR. A win against the Ravens would have brought the Bills to 4-0 and made him an obvious selection for this award.

It didn't go that way. Allen's Bills were blown out. He went 16-of-29 for 180 yards with three sacks, and while his 52-yard completion to Khalil Shakir was one of the throws of the season, his other 31 dropbacks produced 104 net yards. It wasn't his day, and it was one of the worst performances of Week 4 by any quarterback.

Allen is still the league leader in QBR (82.3), but his lead has been cut in half. There's a lot to like in what he has done. He hasn't thrown an interception, although he has fumbled three times, losing two. He has unsurprisingly taken sacks at one of the lowest rates in the league, although Jackson's sack rate is lower. Even without Stefon Diggs, Allen is averaging a career-high 8.1 yards per attempt. He has been fantastic.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/st...nking-candidates-best-rookies-players-coaches

...we've got too many too.

Back