The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why weren't you in school, Clement? That game was on a Thursday. I distinctly remember coming home from school, turning on the TV with the Cards getting shut out. Mike Shannon hit a homer in the bottom of the 9th for the Cards. It was about the thing the home fans got to cheer about.
I bolted home from school! I got to see the bottom of six to the end! I brought a transistor radio to school and tried to sneak a listen! Baseball ruled!

I bolted home from school! I got to see the bottom of six to the end! I brought a transistor radio to school and tried to sneak a listen! Baseball ruled!
Weren't you in the Central Timezone? So the game was on an hour earlier than here in the east. Bolted...Sounds like you played some partia-day hooky there, Fred. Did you give the teacher the excuse that you had to go to bowling lessons? :ROFLMAO:

Weren't you in the Central Timezone? So the game was on an hour earlier than here in the east. Bolted...Sounds like you played some partia-day hooky there, Fred. Did you give the teacher the excuse that you had to go to bowling lessons? :ROFLMAO:
I think school ended a bit after 2 back then. My second grade teacher, Mrs. Sherman, lived on the same block as my childhood best friend, David Snyder, who was in her class the year before when the Cards won the Series. (i grew up in a small suburb of Chicago). Maybe she did cut me a little slack cuz i know David was gloating over the 1967 series, and Mrs. Sherman was also a Cubs fan!

And Kansas City is happy today. Beat out the Baltimore Orioles to reach next ALDS on October 5th.
1727969736507.jpeg

Looks like we need to beat down the Yankees next!

Back