The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last time I had anything to do with baseball was 1993..I was at an Indians game and Jim Thome hit 2 home runs in the game...don't even remember who was playing...I had taken my church pastor to the game...he had never been to a baseball game...he was younger than I was...nice guy...6 months later I was packing up my car and heading to Florida to live......we were in the outfield and one of the home runs was pretty close to us...still remember his face...like a kid that saw something for the first time...he left the ministry a year after I moved to Florida...his wife and 3 small kids couldn't survive financially so he went to the private sector...he moved to North Carolina and I never heard from him again...a couple months after I reached Clearwater..I was leasing an apartment and there were some minor league players from the Phillies living in the complex...these weren't the wealthy bonus players...they were trying to make it to the "bigs"...they would lease a 2 bedroom apartment and 6 players would sleep there...one advantage was a lot of baseball groupies would come to the pool...awesome looking 18 to 20 year old girls...I would go to the minor league games and sit out in the outfield and drink beer...when the Major League Phillies would come for Spring Training...I would go to a couple of games..you wouldn't believe how many Philly fans came to Clearwater for Spring Training...local restaurants would put Philly flags in the windows...

The last time I had anything to do with baseball was 1993..I was at an Indians game and Jim Thome hit 2 home runs in the game...don't even remember who was playing...I had taken my church pastor to the game...he had never been to a baseball game...he was younger than I was...nice guy...6 months later I was packing up my car and heading to Florida to live......we were in the outfield and one of the home runs was pretty close to us...still remember his face...like a kid that saw something for the first time...he left the ministry a year after I moved to Florida...his wife and 3 small kids couldn't survive financially so he went to the private sector...he moved to North Carolina and I never heard from him again...a couple months after I reached Clearwater..I was leasing an apartment and there were some minor league players from the Phillies living in the complex...these weren't the wealthy bonus players...they were trying to make it to the "bigs"...they would lease a 2 bedroom apartment and 6 players would sleep there...one advantage was a lot of baseball groupies would come to the pool...awesome looking 18 to 20 year old girls...I would go to the minor league games and sit out in the outfield and drink beer...when the Major League Phillies would come for Spring Training...I would go to a couple of games..you wouldn't believe how many Philly fans came to Clearwater for Spring Training...local restaurants would put Philly flags in the windows...
Sorry... TDLDR. I tried.

@beerking . Ive consulted with RickyPicks. He says Pats by 3.
Enjoy your game. A Lifetime memory

My bucket list is to see an event at Wembley. Preferably a rock concert
Thank you
Never seen a rock show at Wembley
But I have seen many at Wembley Arena.
BB King , Fleetwood Mac, Eric Clapton and John Mayer to name but a few.
Them were the days 🤩

It's funny how most of the best relievers on every playoff team this postseason have big failures. The Cleveland guy was almost perfect in the regular season and is awful now.

Yes, I was just mentioning to a friend that the four remaining teams appear to have really suspect pitching. Perhaps MLB heard me bitching about how baseball is boring and told the pitchers to go out there and throw a few fast balls right down the pipe...and hang a few curves while you're at it.

Clinty is talking about BASEBALL. So by definition it is supposed to be TOO DARN LONG. :sleep:
It's OK AR...I understand my posts aren't for everyone...no problem...I try to incorporate my personal experiences in some posts...to be candid I envy people that have computer skills...like that post by esimms86 about Dak..post 8510...but Sonik managed to read my post 8508 and I was rambling along on that one and he even gave me the coveted LOVE rating....maybe it was because I mentioned Gos in my post...oh well...I better stop now...the words are piling up

By the time I figured out what your abbreviations meant, I had already read Clint's post twice. lol You missed out, it was an awesome post.
It seems my initial response was due more to my short attention span rather than content or length. Yes, Mr Eastwood's posts are most always a pleasure to read.

Back