The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It almost feels like Sapporo killed them on purpose, buying them in 2017 and losing an increasing amount of money every year save for one.
I have been buying their Christmas Ale every year for about 15 years and often have their porter laying around.
They will be missed.

Spot on.
Here is an interesting story on that very subject. How Sapporo USA Sank Anchor Brewing Co. — VinePair

Same thing happened here years ago with one of the first craft breweries in the region: Shaftebury
Their cream ale was delicious and popular.
Started in the mid 80’s, sold to a big company (Sleemans) late 90’s who proceeded to shrink the lineup, market the beer as a cheap alternative rather than the premium brand it was thereby killing it’s place in the market.
At least the two guys that started and sold it allegedly made off with a kings ransom. Good, they earned it.

20230706_172716.jpg

finally getting around to posting.
Scout & Scholar in Bardstown, Kentucky. I didn't go last time I was there because you know, Bourbon country how good could it be.
Mea culpa

from left to right:
Rind And Lime: Kettle Sour Brewed with Coriander and Sea Salt. Conditioned on Kentucky Grown Watermelon and Lime Zest.
This was amazing! pretty much a rock solid, tart, gose with a light hint of watermelon. If they canned it I would have brought some home.

Sequent: Kettle Sour Conditioned On Pomegranate, Plum And Coconut.
This was actually really good, although I did not notice the coconut. I suspect it was more to rein in the other two.

Sly: Milk Stout
Solid but compared to the sours, nothing to write home about.

Spiritual Sensei: Imperial Sour Conditioned On Tangerine, Mango, Lemon and Kaffir (Japanese Lime Leaf). In Collaboration With Gallant Fox In Louisvile, Ky.
This was another solid sour but I did not care for the character that the kaffir brought.

I also tried my wife's Allies (wheat) and Grist And Glory (amber) and both were very well done.

I will go back, and I will try more of their selection.

View attachment 93839

finally getting around to posting.
Scout & Scholar in Bardstown, Kentucky. I didn't go last time I was there because you know, Bourbon country how good could it be.
Mea culpa

from left to right:
Rind And Lime: Kettle Sour Brewed with Coriander and Sea Salt. Conditioned on Kentucky Grown Watermelon and Lime Zest.
This was amazing! pretty much a rock solid, tart, gose with a light hint of watermelon. If they canned it I would have brought some home.

Sequent: Kettle Sour Conditioned On Pomegranate, Plum And Coconut.
This was actually really good, although I did not notice the coconut. I suspect it was more to rein in the other two.

Sly: Milk Stout
Solid but compared to the sours, nothing to write home about.

Spiritual Sensei: Imperial Sour Conditioned On Tangerine, Mango, Lemon and Kaffir (Japanese Lime Leaf). In Collaboration With Gallant Fox In Louisvile, Ky.
This was another solid sour but I did not care for the character that the kaffir brought.

I also tried my wife's Allies (wheat) and Grist And Glory (amber) and both were very well done.

I will go back, and I will try more of their selection.
So, sours are popular down there too.
I love tasting them but find drinking a whole pint challenging

Back