The SDE Surround Sound Series (Updated list of titles with links in post #1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always try to report these things. Not that eBay does anything about it....
I stand corrected. I got this email from eBay this morning about those "backup" discs. It's likely he'll just relist them. But I'm happy, for the first time, eBay did something.

Thanks again for reporting the problematic content you found.

What happened:
We looked into your report and removed the content. It may take up to 24 hours for it to reflect on the site. This determination was made by a customer service agent.

We let the content uploader know about this decision and the action taken. They may have the option to fix the content to make it visible again on site. They can also appeal our decision, and we'll review the case again and may reverse the original decision and action taken.

If you reported content that isn’t included in the below reference ID, we’ll send a separate email once we’ve made a decision.

Your reference ID: 2-1718****
Here are the listings you reported that have been removed: Item: 276202670334 Dolby Atmos Bluray Audio Discs

I stand corrected. I got this email from eBay this morning about those "backup" discs. It's likely he'll just relist them. But I'm happy, for the first time, eBay did something.

What happened:
We looked into your report and removed the content. It may take up to 24 hours for it to reflect on the site. This determination was made by a customer service agent.

We let the content uploader know about this decision and the action taken. They may have the option to fix the content to make it visible again on site. They can also appeal our decision, and we'll review the case again and may reverse the original decision and action taken.

If you reported content that isn’t included in the below reference ID, we’ll send a separate email once we’ve made a decision.

Here are the listings you reported that have been removed: Item: 276202670334 Dolby Atmos Bluray Audio Discs

I also reported it and eBay responded pretty quickly as above, I’ll keep an eye out for any amended listings….

What happened:

He is still selling SDE discs and offering to make copies, eg. The Bob Dylan disc, if you read the description.

@PaulatSDE - making you aware!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/276234396200?hash=item4050da6228:g:-9QAAOSwl41kXj7J

Attachments

• IMG_1023.jpeg
    IMG_1023.jpeg
    235.8 KB · Views: 0
Just keep reporting them. Eventually eBay will take them down.
The Dylan is gone. :) Ebay must have removed it.
I'm sure this guy will keep listing them, but maybe -- just maybe -- he'll get frustrated enough if people keep reporting him, that he'll lay off with the bootlegs.

eBay really ought to do more than just remove a listing.

Many years ago I bought a copy of Gensis' Trespass in a reputable record shop, allegedly as an import due to the label, it was in fact a bootleg copy as there were no run gaps between the tracks! Knowing members of the band Argent (and as Phil Collin had played drums with them when Bob Henrit was ill), Genesis' management were informed. They asked for the LP (which they gave back to me!) and I'm fairly certain the label, Charisma, went after the people involved - can't remember if they caught them.

But that is a good way to get at the little sh*t selling the bootleg copies (apart from his personal financial gain, he could ruin the prospect of other surround releases), get the respective record companies involved, and also the local Trading Standards who will most likely prosecute.

Last edited:
I assume this has been commented on, but I just noticed Def Leppard title on SDE, look at this comment about ordering. Says pre-order window closes November 30th. Yet, today I go there and I can still order a copy. Maybe it didn't sell worth a damn??

1704633694107.png

I assume this has been commented on, but I just noticed Def Leppard title on SDE, look at this comment about ordering. Says pre-order window closes November 30th. Yet, today I go there and I can still order a copy. Maybe it didn't sell worth a damn??
I wonder how 'limited' this (#16) particular release is?!

Does anybody know if the release date still Friday 12 January 2024 or has it been pushed back?

View attachment 100042
@Karonte - if true, run - don’t walk! 🏃‍♂️

View attachment 100042
Looks like Soft Cell and Trevor Horn are both also still available. As I understand it, these are manufactured in round numbers, so if, say, 1700 people preordered it, they produce 2000 and that means there's a surplus 300.

Back