The SDE Surround Sound Series (Updated list of titles with links in post #1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've updated the table in post #1 with the news of the new SDE release (No. 23) of Crowded House's new album Gravity Stairs and moved the posts about it from this thread to the dedicated release thread here.

Thanks for keeping this updated @steelydave . FYI, over on SDE I asked Paul if he could fill in the holes and provide the print run #s for Duran Duran, Paul Young, Concert For George, Trevor Horn & Def Leppard. He published my comment but hasn't responded yet.

Thanks for keeping this updated @steelydave . FYI, over on SDE I asked Paul if he could fill in the holes and provide the print run #s for Duran Duran, Paul Young, Concert For George, Trevor Horn & Def Leppard. He published my comment but hasn't responded yet.

giphy.gif

While this release is not of interest to me, I am very happy to see the double-album on a single blu-ray release! Maybe this will become a new trend :)
I'm guessing the WOW reactions are due to my lack of interest in this title?? Yeah, basically, I am over "classic rock" [I've been hearing the same tunes for a long time at this point] and am more focused on any/all music that is post 1980 [or more recent] ;)

No complaints, but how did we go from Vagabonds to Jailbreak/Johnny The Fox? What happened to 1974/1975? I love those albums.
This can happen for a variety of reasons; typically it's a matter of which master tapes have been located in good condition versus some are missing (expecting to be found) or just lost altogether. This determines what can be worked on and get released.

Maybe they were getting their sea legs to see what works and what doesn't, or maybe they had the proper tapes they wanted for the Vagabonds set earlier than the 1976 set. I'm sure there's a reason. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited by a moderator:
Back