The Who - Who’s Next SDE series no. 30 (January 17th, 2025)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GOS, I see 2 Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells. I would love to just have one :).
I totally understand. I, like a few others, consider buying 2 copies of my favorites. One to open and enjoy, and another to stash away. Guess I'm not looking to sell those.
Of course, we all know that GOS can go on a rampage and sell off stuff at an alarming rate.

As someone who passed on the box this is simply a no brainer. Ordered!

I wish I had done the same. I bought for the half price it was selling at that moment but The Who is not my favourite band and I would have saved some money to buy other albums.

Some months ago SDE did the same with Thin Lizzy - 1976 BD. It was exclusive at their shop and living out of UK you have to add taxes and shipping so the price almost reached the big box edition at my country, so there was no reason to buy the stand alone BD edition. But I wouldn't have duded in Who's Next box because the difference between box and BD is really big.

Waiting for some others. Maybe Ultravox?

I wish I had done the same. I bought for the half price it was selling at that moment but The Who is not my favourite band and I would have saved some money to buy other albums.

Some months ago SDE did the same with Thin Lizzy - 1976 BD. It was exclusive at their shop and living out of UK you have to add taxes and shipping so the price almost reached the big box edition at my country, so there was no reason to buy the stand alone BD edition. But I wouldn't have duded in Who's Next box because the difference between box and BD is really big.

Waiting for some others. Maybe Ultravox?
My last couple of SDE orders have been these “cut free from the box” releases: Ultravox - Lament (an album I was unfamiliar with at the time, but having passed on other SW mixes from SDE and now regretting them I figured why not), Thin Lizzy, and now this (and sometime in a week or so that expanded Duran Duran album is arriving).

Living in an apartment, conserving shelf space is a key priority for me, so $300 box sets filled with 80 CDs I’m likely never going to listen to doesn’t seem like a sound investment. I’m fine with streaming for those titles… or waiting to see if something like this happens.

OK. So the instrumental remixes on this new SDE release ARE NOT on the Box set Bluray?
Correct. They are stereo only at 24/96, and missing Bargain due to missing multitracks for that song. Otherwise if you have the box you effectively have this (minus, of course, the new instrumental remixes)

Back