Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Long After Dark" (Atmos Mix out in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was charged $29.98...I don't pay enough attention but I suspect it's not the first time Amazon lowered the price immediately after shipping pre-orders...

View attachment 110343

In the end, they gave me the lower price. You will get the lower price as well as a sort of refund.

You will receive a refund of $2.11 with Amazon.com's Pre-order Price Guarantee! The price of the following item decreased after you ordered, and we gave you the lowest price.

Big surprise on this is how good the live French TV tracks sound. Studio quality stuff, which also speaks to how good Petty was in a live performance too.

I've only played it once, and even then I didn't get to the last few songs, but the fidelity is great. I started out playing the 5.1, but didn't really hear anything coming out of the rears so I switched to Atmos. That was during the first song (One Story Town) so I don't know if I was just impatient or what. The Atmos definitely had stuff coming out of the rears in my 5.1 setup though.

The French TV thing isn't quite that. Everything marked French TV was recorded May 4th, '82 at the Record Plant in Los Angeles. It was for a French TV show, but same location and summer that almost all of it was done at. They did a bunch of songs that day, so French TV I think mostly means a more relaxed atmosphere where Iovine wasn't yelling at Lynch. 😀 Fantastic harmony from him on Stories We Could Tell!

In the end, they gave me the lower price. You will get the lower price as well as a sort of refund.

You will receive a refund of $2.11 with Amazon.com's Pre-order Price Guarantee! The price of the following item decreased after you ordered, and we gave you the lowest price.
Yup, $2.19 here...they must have heard me cryin' somehow...spooky!:ROFLMAO::eek:

Reactions: GOS
More like early-to-mid 2027 :rolleyes:
Hey Dunc, was this the inspiration for your disc collection? 🤔

IMG_8410.png

Back