What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grabbed a few lately...

I've not seen this BBC transcription services disc before so pleased to add it to the collection today. I guess its sort of the precursor to the Matrix H demo disc (Matrix H disc) but promoting the new fangled stereo material that was to become available to overseas broadcasters from the BBC-

There's no release date given anywhere but from the date of the latest performance listed I'm guessing 1965.

Dionne Warwick: She's Back [Urban/Entertainment One/2 RBCDs]https://www.amazon.com/Shes-Back-Dionne-Warwick/dp/B07PRZKX7J/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2NT0MRY39ALNH&keywords=dionne+warwick+she's+back&qid=1558392957&s=music&sprefix=dionne+warwick,aps,124&sr=1-1

61wqZBkIzUL._SL1200_.jpg

Disc: 1
1. Am I Dreaming (feat. Musiq Soulchild)
2. Tears Ago
3. What Color Is Love (feat. Kenny Lattimore)
4. How To Keep The Music Playing (feat. Kevon Edmonds)
5. Déjà Vu (feat. Krayzie Bone)
6. Forever In My Heart (feat. Brian McKnight)
7. Dream With No Love
8. We're In Love
9. You Really Started Something
10. Two Ships (feat. FIJI)
11. Life Is Waiting
12. If I Want To
13. We Need To Go Back
14. What A Fool Believes
15. What The World Needs Now Is Love

Disc: 2
1. Walk On By
2. Love Begins With You
3. Reach Out For Me
4. High Upon This Love
5. I Say a Little Prayer for You
6. Always Something There To Remind Me
7. If I Want To
8. Aquarela do Brazil
9. I Promise You
10. Be My Neighbour
11. All Kinds Of People
12. What The World Needs Now Is Love
13. Do You Know the Way to San Jose
14. Humbly I Pray

Last edited:
I've just got all the music of the earth......

I'm bit of a collector of space memorabila and so I was drawn to the rather special box set in this promo video:

https://vimeo.com/227325526

It was a kickstarter project a couple of years ago to mark the 40th anniversary of Voyager but hadn't heard about it until now - and all the UK stockists seemed to be sold out but I managed to get mine direct from Ozma in the US in four days!

I just need a gold record deck to play them on now!

Highly recommend Doobie Brothers stereo CD 2-fer, great sounding songs from the Doobie Brothers, Cycles, was sort of a comeback with the big radio hit "The Doctor".
I was very surprised to see DR #'s of 10's-11's for Cycles and 11's-12's for Brotherhood. Easy on the ears.
2 disc set $17.99 Amazon 2 Disc Doobies
View attachment 40541

Thanks man...I grabbed those 2 as separates on Ebay...both the Capitol releases were mastered by Bob Ludwig...another name I trust...there is nothing wrong with the numbers you got...but the lure of Ludwig closed the deal for me....on Brotherhood and Cycles....and BTW....BGO stands for BEAT GOES ON....pretty cool name for a record company...I've never heard either of these albums...

Thanks man...I grabbed those 2 as separates on Ebay...both the Capitol releases were mastered by Bob Ludwig...another name I trust...there is nothing wrong with the numbers you got...but the lure of Ludwig closed the deal for me....on Brotherhood and Cycles....and BTW....BGO stands for BEAT GOES ON....pretty cool name for a record company...I've never heard either of these albums...
Cycles is one hit after another, great disc.
The 2 fer does come as 2 separate discs.

I just skipped through all the songs on Cycles, I only knew The Doctor (which, I totally forgot about). Regardless, musically, it sounds strong. :)

This is just another example of my "hits" background catching up to me...another 2 albums I missed "back in the day"...but I'm catching up thanks to the forum :dance

Here are a few deep tracks Clinty might like:

Wild Oats Moan - Moby Grape from 20 Granite Creek:

Brujo (Voodoo in Spanish) - Sergio Mendes from Picardia, s/t A&M LP w/side 1 in Spanish, side 2 still in English:

For Someone Special - Doobie Bros from Takin' It to the Streets (likely about Moby Grape's Skip Spence - an early Doobie Bros mentor):

This is just another example of my "hits" background catching up to me...another 2 albums I missed "back in the day"...but I'm catching up thanks to the forum :dance

4-eared wonder asked how I liked the Macca. I'm a completist on him. I listened to Egypt Station on Saturday.

In a word: plodding

Apt description, Linda. Maybe it's time for Paul to remix his back catalogue into surround and take a breather from making any new recordings.

Back