What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't go that far. I still haven't completely warmed up to Wild Life, London Town and Red Rose. Sure, I'm crazy about My Love & With a Little Luck. Most of the remaining tracks of those albums, IMHO, aren't bad, just forgettable.

Back to the Egg, Macca II and the others that followed were very good, if not spectacular. Band on the Run followed Wild Life and Red Rose.

So, should he hang it up? Only if he wants to.

Apt description, Linda. Maybe it's time for Paul to remix his back catalogue into surround and take a breather from making any new recordings.

How's Rory Gallagher? I've got a few CD's, LP's & a Blu-Ray of Taste. Very underrated,
Totally agree, Linda. The Taste Isle Of Wight Blu-ray is a must have. It’s amazing to witness a young Rory and his rhythm section confidently and easily powering thru their material. The 3 bonus Beat Club songs are also incredible and shouldn’t be missed!

I haven't played Santana Mona Lisa & Trane Both Directions yet.
Know how it is . I have four lp's and a WYWH four cd set I got today sitting on my bed waiting to be heard and cataloged.

I have dozens of SACD's, Blu-Rays, CD's, DVD-s that I haven't heard/seen yet.

When I get a little time to shop, I'll be buying more.

I've been collecting this stuff for 62 years.

Sick and don't want to be cured!

There is NO cure, Linda. But I could think of worse vices than record collecting. My problem has always been quality control. The fact we jump at every 'new' remaster only to discover it's compressed is downright depressing. Why do you think I'm so vocal about LOSSY 5.1 remix/remasters....because on MY system I can hear the difference .... in spades....when compared to the usually included LOSSLESS 96/24 Stereo Remaster.

Just cracked open B. Dylan's Pat Garrett Stereo SACD from MoFi ..... awesome remaster and then I'll spin Elvis Costello/Burt Bacharach's Painted From Memory [also Stereo MoFi SACD]

BTW, if you have a chance, PBS is currently broadcasting The Leonard Cohen tribute [Tower of Song] filmed last year in Canada ...... K D Lang's take on Hallelujah is exquisitely breathtaking! IMO, an A+ Tribute!

I enjoyed my Billy the Kid SACD.

PBS ran a Leonard Cohen tribute a while ago, which I saw. Good tributes.

Yes, I can hear the difference and have a wall full of gear to prove it. 2 B&K amps & Rel sub = 1400 real watts. 4 Mission towers. Still, there are quite a few chaps here that would put mine to shame.

My album upgrades usually involve a surround mix, import LP, 1/2 speed master, dbx LP, Gold CD, SACD or expanded version. I've also rebought things in mono to be complete. Since '64, I've bought 2ch LP's.

Remastered doen't strike me. IF I know that it's remastered by any number of people like SH who are good at it, I might take a chance.

Most SACD's sound better, though not all.

Quite a nice group of vinyl. Where's the Atom Heart Mother SQ from?
Santana (1) SQ and a Japan CD-4 Creedence Gold. I have the US CD-4.

What's the fourth one ?

Know how it is . I have four lp's and a WYWH four cd set I got today sitting on my bed waiting to be heard and cataloged. View attachment 40706

Quite a nice group of vinyl. Where's the Atom Heart Mother SQ from?
Santana (1) SQ and a Japan CD-4 Creedence Gold. I have the US CD-4.

What's the fourth one ?
The AHM is a German stereo release. The Santana 1 is still sealed . The CCR Gold was a great catch for me. It looks like it was never played. Like you, I also have two U.S. versions of CCR and the quad tape. I also try to upgrade my collection when I can. Most of the Japanese vinyl I have been getting are in pristine condition . I haven't been disappointed yet.

The fourth record is a Japanese SQ sampler. It has some good rock on it. View attachment 40722
I was intrigued b y that "SX-74 Sound" logo that I'd not seen before. My friend Mr.Google tells me hat it is reference to the use of the Neumann SX-74 cutting head. You learn something new every day!

Last edited:
Picked up a few new discs yesterday at my local store. I bought: The Long Ryders - Psychedelic Country Soul, Stray Cats - 40, The Dream Syndicate - These Times, The Waterboys - Where The Action Is. Other recent purchases I don't believe I posted are Elvis Costello - Look Now, Rhiannon Giddens - There Is No Other, Paul Weller - Other Aspects, Jenny Lewis - On The Line, Gary Clark Jr - This Land, John Paul White - The Hurting Kind. That is the last couple months. Still waiting on my Dutton Vocallion stuff from April. Got an email saying they are coming.

How's Rory Gallagher? I've got a few CD's, LP's & a Blu-Ray of Taste. Very underrated,

The Rory Gallagher I would say is typical Rory Gallagher, heavy guitar blues. There are some bright spots, Disc 2 is all acoustic blues, very enjoyable, Disc 3 Live and at end of Disc 3 he talks in an interview for a few minutes about his introduction to American Blues.
The Nils Lofgren Blue with Lou, is a must get, sounds fantastic and the tunes are really good. I think 5 or 6 of the songs where written with Lou Reed ie; Blue With Lou.

Last edited by a moderator:
How is the new Long Ryders record? Saw them years ago and I like their old stuff. Like two fisted tales and the song they did with Gene Clark.

It seems a strange to me when someone refers to a cd as a record. Growing up in a vinyl saturated time ; when someone mentioned "record" (pertaining to audio sound) ; one assumed they meant a vinyl record.
But in actuality , I would think that any audio medium may be called a record.

I thought so! I just looked at the time (11:59 pm). This is how my mind starts meandering when I get tired. Nite!

Back