What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this for a steal at a brick and mortar store. Seems PERFECT for the Surround Master!
Jah Wobble.png
https://www.discogs.com/release/7523722-Jah-Wobble-Redux-Anthology-1978-2015

Latest haul from a trip to a great used LP shop in Tokyo…pretty good price and they are VG+ or NM! Those Japanese take great care of their slabs…the Ted Nugent one for 780¥ is definitely a steal…not shown is The Moody Blues’ The Present for about 980¥, no Obi but who cares?…

Attachments

• IMG_4346.jpeg
    IMG_4346.jpeg
    2.4 MB
Latest haul from a trip to a great used LP shop in Tokyo…pretty good price and they are VG+ or NM! Those Japanese take great care of their slabs…the Ted Nugent one for 780¥ is definitely a steal…not shown is The Moody Blues’ The Present for about 980¥, no Obi but who cares?…
What is the name of the shop? Was it a Disk Union? Any pictures?

Just repurchased a CD copy of Joe Henderson’s Page One for the car. There is an SACD that has been calling me but wish there was a DVD-A…

One of the finest debut albums in Jazz history. Joe is phenominal but Kenny Dorham showcases why he is the trumpet player’s trumpeter - paradoxically being the first call trumpet player of choice in his time relegated him to being a perennial overlooked talent. For me, Kenny is right up there with Clifford, Booker, Freddie and Lee in my Top Five.

Excellent Rudy Van Gelder recording on Blue Note. If you don’t dig Blue Bossa or Recoda Me - you simply don’t have a jazz bone in you. Incredible music. McCoy Tyner (credited as ETC) on piano is another big highlight here. I could go on… Oh I did!

IMG_1909.jpeg

Back