What's your latest earworm???

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The habitual name dropper, here are two of my jazz escapades from the '70's and 80's respectively.

Bob Koester, Owner, Delmark Records & Chicago's Jazz Record Mart RIP, you old raconteur!! Bob gave me a promo LP of Airto's Identity LP as a new release.

https://www.discogs.com/release/4099441-Airto-Identity
FF to the '80's. Courtesy of Slingerland Drums, I got to sit at the feet of Mr. Moreira, so to speak, Some free tutelage w/the MASTER!! I swear this stuff only happens to me!! I'll always treasure his stories about "moosishuns." Some wonderful pointers and tips. Percussion, I mean!

To Mrs. Airto, aka Flora Purim: he was a perfect gentleman. DRAT!!

I also got him to autograph my US LP's of Touching You and Identity (promo). He razzed me, as both LP's had his autograph already!! Check them out! lol!! I rebought them both on later Japan CD. Kept the autographed LP's.

Here, from Identity, is Airto w/Flora on Lendas (Tales from Home):

It's Alright - Supertramp Live! from '88

Free As a Bird was such a great album. Too bad nobody heard it. A&M really dropped the ball on promoting it. I remember once shortly after the album's release..... The big rock station in Hartford did a thing every Tuesday they called "Rock Block Tuesday" where they played three-song blocks of bands all day.. The DJ said Supertramp was up next. I called in and asked him to play something from the new album. He had no idea that there was a new Supertramp record. :cry:

Linda, your earworms are very short lived. Are they not? :D
1- Quite the antithesis!!

They usually seem to last for the duration (of my life).

They do reappear often in clusters.

One of the greatest joys of having a huge collection. Bought adult records for 67 years and counting!! began w/10" mono 78's, and graduated to BD and EVERYTHING in between.

2- Most of you Supertramp fans may know It's Alright from the aforementioned studio album. I prefer a live version that has never been released in US to my knowledge. Mine is a EU import, German, I believe. I have seen it for sale in stores in Mexico, too:

https://www.discogs.com/master/25508-Supertramp-Live-88
I believe it is a reedited and perhaps remixed live version which starts off the live DVD! (DVD is Clip I linked originally). Here's the audio only import CD version (live to 2 track):

Last edited:
Thanks QL that Mary hopkins song was lovely to hear. I remember hearing her first single Those were the days on the radio alot.

As for the Paul Revere song I prefer the album version over the TV appearance. Never heard of that album.

Just goes to show the 60s to 70s is a treasure trove of music always something new to discover and like from that period.

Jefe, you have good taste!! I also prefer the 2ch LP version of that PR & R's song. The TV appearance is that version with other effects/instruments overdubbed. At least, as far as I can tell. The biggest hit on Goin' to Memphis barely charted. It wasn't even recorded at the same sessions in Memphis. Peace of Mind is a reengineered/remixed version of a Terry Melcher produced single!

I got a chance to meet Paul Revere and his current band in '02 (?) after their gig at Navy Pier's Skyline Stage in Chicago. Revere told me that Sony never notified him or his management of any rereleases. surprise!

Legendary DJ Dick Biondi was host.

I recommend the Sundazed CD expanded reissue of Goin' to Memphis:

https://www.discogs.com/release/427...aiders-Featuring-Mark-Lindsay-Goin-To-Memphis
There were also some outtakes released on Legend of Paul Revere 2 CD set HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

https://www.discogs.com/release/333...turing-Mark-Lindsay-The-Legend-Of-Paul-Revere
A couple more tracks from Goin' to Memphis:

Soul Man:

Every Man Needs a Woman:

Goin' to Memphis (title track):

Oh shucks I'm blushing QL.
I have the double CD Vintage Best of Moby Grape. It's stuffed with a lot of tracks and outtakes
But you know that!

I will have to check out the Paul Revere you reccomended.....

I began the morning leisurely working and grooving. Played Go to Heaven, one of my fave "Grateful Doobies" records. lol!! I know I played the two songs that begin side 2 a couple times. Bobby at his BEST!! Lost Sailor & Saint of Circumstance.

Caught this lineup live a few times at Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI. Practically in my backyard!! near WI/IL state line! Same spot we lost SRV!

live '80 >firing on all cylinders<

...Where's the Dark Star?
Where's the moon?...

...You're lost sailor
been too long at sea
Shore lights beckon
there's a price for being free...

...I'm still walking
So I'm sure that I can dance
Just a Saint of Circumstance
Just a tiger in a trance
Rain fallin' down...

Grateful Dead - Lost Sailor/Saint Of Circumstance (New York, NY 10/31/80)

1980 studio version from Go to Heaven:

Curly Shuffle - Jump 'n' the Saddle band
a band from Chicagoland
Comedy Classics ran Mon-Fri on Chicago TV late night w/Stooges!!
who says girls don't love these KNUCKLEHEADS??
my 35 y.o. Daughter loves them, too
Please, keep your moronic comments to yourselves!!!

Video:

Live performance, intro by America's oldest teenager:

Last edited:
Back