WHO’S NEXT/LIFEHOUSE Box set coming in September 2023 (STEVEN WILSON DOLBY ATMOS & 5.1 MIXES CONFIRMED!!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somebody over on the other forum who appears to be connected to the band just had this to say:

Steven Wilson only did the Atmos mix. I never heard anything about a 5.1. A Blu Ray of the Atmos is not something I heard about, I’d be surprised. If there were it would also include the aforementioned stereo but it would be as mastered by JA at 192/24. Ain’t nobody no-how gonna see that flat 384/24 but the Who camp.

That's Jamie Howarth, who did the Plangent restoration of the original mix. But as far as I know, he hasn't been in the loop beyond that.

We'll just have to wait and see, but given UMe's continued willingness to include Blu-Rays in their recent slate of mega boxes (The Band, Kiss, John Mellencamp, Tragically Hip, etc) - and the fact that Steven told me firsthand that he created a 5.1 mix - I'm still optimistic.
I agree, yes, we were blind sighted by the lack of Blu-Ray on "Revolver" but at this point, I still feel good about a Blu-Ray included in this upcoming release

:)

I agree, yes, we were blind sighted by the lack of Blu-Ray on "Revolver" but at this point, I still feel good about a Blu-Ray included in this upcoming release

If the blu ray Atmos / 5.1 is not included on Who’s Next SDE, like Revolver I will save another $100 plus dollars again. I will be voting with my wallet.

Yeah…. Pete will personally push for physical media I reckon as he’s a big fan of surround. Conversely, I don’t think Macca or Ringo could care less either way unfortunately…..

Right there with you. As I much as I love Who’s Next, I always liked Sell Out more. I didn’t buy that set because it didn’t have a surround version.
I also didn’t purchase Sell Out because of the lack of a 5.1 / Atmos Blu ray audio disc.
Another reason for not purchasing the Sell Out box set was I didn’t really see that much new material on the box set set wasn’t already released on the 2010 Sell Out deluxe or 1995 Sell Out remix cd that I had previously bought. JMO

I am certainly not telling anyone how to spend their money but for myself I have drawn a line on these over priced IMO box sets. Without the Atmos / 5.1 discs included, I will not purchase any of them. I may or may not get into streaming at a later date but not now.
Right. I never understood the appeal of all that stuff that was swept up from the cutting room floor, not to mention six more copies of stiff I already have.

If it’s new or better, I’m open to it, but TBH, I occasionally make up my own “box sets” by putting a handful of discs in one multi-disc jacket.

Someone asked Pete about the box set on Instagram, he responded that they're aiming for a September release :)

Screenshot 2023-03-07 at 12.02.10 AM.png

Pink Floyd set the standard with 5.1 Animals at, what, $25? If Pete doesn't include the BD Atmos as part of the set I, too, will not be purchasing. I still can't believe this is happening...I don't enjoy the limitations of streaming and love Atmos (other surround as well) so I guess I continue to be left out of the equation. I'll just save a few bucks and move on with my life...and My Wife.

Damn I hope Atmos is part of the set!

Pink Floyd set the standard with 5.1 Animals at, what, $25? If Pete doesn't include the BD Atmos as part of the set I, too, will not be purchasing. I still can't believe this is happening...I don't enjoy the limitations of streaming and love Atmos (other surround as well) so I guess I continue to be left out of the equation. I'll just save a few bucks and move on with my life...and My Wife.

Damn I hope Atmos is part of the set!
$25? That’s a BARGAIN (sorry…)

Back