Steven Wilson Yes "Fragile" Super Deluxe Edition out in June with Dolby Atmos mix!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as the vinyl goes, I've been buying certain LP's not necessarily to play (although I might on occasion), but to display for the cover art. So I will get some value out of the LP even if I never play it. And I'm a big fan of Roger Dean.

I heard an interview with a music writer who said this has been his observation.

A significant percentage of vinyl sold is never played.
Purchased for the art, coolness factor, and as "fetish objects."

I certainly fall into that category.

I heard an interview with a music writer who said this has been his observation.

A significant percentage of vinyl sold is never played.
Purchased for the art, coolness factor, and as "fetish objects."

I certainly fall into that category.
I've reached the age where stuff in my house that I don't use is a liability, not an asset. About twenty years ago I got rid of my entire vinyl LP collection (except for a very few fetish objects), and I'm not buying any more. So far I've bought exactly one big super-deluxe box that contained a vinyl LP, and then passed the entire set along to someone who actually wanted it (after ripping the surround disc, which was all I wanted).

As far as the vinyl goes, I've been buying certain LP's not necessarily to play (although I might on occasion), but to display for the cover art. So I will get some value out of the LP even if I never play it. And I'm a big fan of Roger Dean.
I've done that with certain laserdiscs; displayed in record album frames. :)

Unfortunately I still need to hang them. I've been buying wall art here and there but it's all in tubes and shipping cartons. 😟

Last edited:
I've reached the age where stuff in my house that I don't use is a liability, not an asset. About twenty years ago I got rid of my entire vinyl LP collection (except for a very few fetish objects), and I'm not buying any more. So far I've bought exactly one big super-deluxe box that contained a vinyl LP, and then passed the entire set along to someone who actually wanted it (after ripping the surround disc, which was all I wanted).
I purchase these sets at a reduced price eg. Amazon Perks Deals…sell the unopened set (minus the Blu-ray Hi-Rez multichannel disc) on Marketplace for a slightly reduced price, ending up spending “not much” for the surround disc I want! 🎶🎸🎹👍😎

I'll eventually buy this when the price drops, as it's probably my favorite Yes album. As far as the vinyl goes, I've been buying certain LP's not necessarily to play (although I might on occasion), but to display for the cover art. So I will get some value out of the LP even if I never play it. And I'm a big fan of Roger Dean.
Agree.. my favorite Yes album... just waiting for the price drop....

Importcds price for Fragile - Superdeluxe is now $73.44. The Yes Album Superdeluxe, out for about a year, is priced exactly the same. I think this is as low as I've seen the prices get for new product. Unfortunately, Rhino is still listing both for $100, so it may not go much lower.

Importcds price for Fragile - Superdeluxe is now $73.44. The Yes Album Superdeluxe, out for about a year, is priced exactly the same. I think this is as low as I've seen the prices get for new product. Unfortunately, Rhino is still listing both for $100, so it may not go much lower.
I got The Yes Album for $60 on Amazon. I can wait. I mean it's only the sixth time I'll be buying this album, second only to Dark Side of the Moon.

IMO, a good lesson for ALL future RHINO/YES ATMOS remasters. If you can be a bit patient [like I WASN'T] the price will be reduced significantly.

I thought I was getting a 'deal' @ Deep Discount with their 15% off coupon exactly one month ago and FRAGILE has now been reduced 40% with free s/h at Amazon. Deep Discount charged an additional $3 for s/h!

LIVE and LEARN! 🤷‍♂️

Amazon pricing, including big sales on some surprising items, can be unpredictably weird. It's still a shame that the Rhino Yes Super Deluxe series packs in vinyl, and the blu-rays have far less content than what the Panegyric reissues had. But it is what it is.

Bottom line, $61.45 is a very tempting price for this release, and I'm guessing the reduction won't last long. The Yes Album Super Deluxe is also listed on Amazon for $65, and labeled as a limited time deal ($99.98 list). I'll have to stew on it for a little bit and make a decision. :unsure:

Yeah, I caved and ordered it - and used a few points to wipe out taxes and fees. Especially since even a year later The Yes Album is still going for $65 on sale. I still think it's way overpriced but hopefully I'll feel better after spinning the BD.

Back