4 more Quadio titles coming in January 2024! (Titles Announced)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first two Quadios, the Randy Newman and then War arrived very quickly, and the next two arrived just after.

So this was the best turnaround time from purchase to delivery I have yet experienced with Rhino Quadio.

The tracking #s provided did not always go "live" when received in emails, but the product was moving along regardless of that - or it would not have appeared in my mail box so swiftly.

Just one experience I know. But it goes to show that we can look at tracking and see that it was shipped, but not paying too much attention to it because it is between two different shipping handlers, and there sometimes appears to be a lag in scanning the tracking barcodes.

Big shoutout to Steve AKA FR for personally shipping mine UPS so I’ll have them for the weekend. Just as an FYI to others in the same boat, I suspect something went awry with Rhino’s FMS and either orders were lost or corrupted so they’ll be stuck in limbo and never go out without intervention of some sort…

Ok, I've decided which are my personally top two faves are of this batch.

Randy Newman - Good Old Boys - I listened to again for the third time, strong melodies hook me here. He could be singing the menu from Denny's and it could work - the musical arrangements are that strong, sound quality and quad mix are TKOs. Always liked this album very much. Quad is just killer!

Average White Band - AWB - I like this more than the War only because the music is fresher to me, I don't know the AWB album as well as I do the "Ghetto" album. And the mix has the strongest separation I've almost ever heard. It started out ok and fine. But three songs in and I was really liking it more. I need to study the rear channel content, as this is where I hear some totally amazing vocals and parts that bring dazzle to this quad mix. Rear channels is where the magic is happening here imo.

Last edited:
Ordered the bundle on 1/19 and received my order in three separate packages yesterday with no cracked cases. My Spinners replacement disc arrived on 1/18. I receive order confirmation from but no shipping notices or mailings from Rhino. I use USPS informed delivery and know something good is about to happen when I see WEA & Gnarlywood in my package listings!

My AWB and War discs have shipped...separately.
Let the race across the Atlantic begin 🏁

It's a dead heat! Both arrived today.

1000017434.jpg

1 week from Cali to Cumbria is damn good going!

Thanks to all at 🦏

Last edited:
Significant error spotted on "Every Man a King" off the Randy Newman release. Comparing the front with the back channels results in a VERY negative correlation meter result.
1706636618366.png

So Rhino messed up, right? Believe it or not, no. This error also exists on the original release. What I believe may have happened is that, during the mix's creation, an inverted version of the back channels was added to the front channels. If you simply invert the back channels, the group vocals are much louder than they are in the stereo mix of the song.
So, my hypothesis to "fix" the mix is to add the existing front left channel to the back left channel, which would create the new front left channel, then do the same for the front right channel (that is adding the front right to the back right, creating the new front right channel). I also personally thought the group vocals in the back channels were still a bit too loud compared to the stereo mix, so I lowered them by another 3dB.

My 🦏 CHARGE ....arrived this morning in 3 separate packages, one of them an 'officious' looking envelope which resembled my annual tax returns ... but way too early for that!

All FIVE [SW MOONDANCE ATMOS BD~A included] arrived in perfecto condition. Am spinning WAR as we speak ..... all I can say is WOW! Can now replace my 24k GOLD CD!

Again, KUDOS to Foraging Rhino and the staff at RHINO for finally making these state of the art 192/24 BD~As available ....... love the cover art, as well!

LIFE IS GOOD!

~🐏 [RAM.....my initials]

Are there any leads as to when the latest batch (#3) will be available from Amazon? I've had it with Rhino's ever-wonky website. :mad:
Usually a month after the official release date!
In point of fact, history records the October 13 release became available at Amazon USA precisely eight weeks later, on December 8.
My pre-order was delivered the same day, at a 15% discount.

Based on that model, I expect the January 19 releases to be available on March 15.
Not long to wait, after 50 years, to get them delivered reliably.

I'm grateful to Rhino for making them available this way.
Also appreciate folks willing to support them by ordering direct.

From the new bundle, I started my listening session with the AWB.

This is a weird one and it may be my system but after selecting the Quad audio (actually it's the default with a 'tick' as per all the other Quadio discs), I was struck by how little action was coming from the rear speakers. I then tried selecting the Stereo mix as a comparsion and BANG! Action all around me; it's a much more immersive listening experience. Am I going mad or is it my BD player playing tricks? I've not had any such experiences with the previous Quadio releases.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Edit: I have a Sonos system (Atmos capable). When I look at the audio source displayed on the Sonos app, selecting the Quad version does indeed say that I'm playing 'multi-channel 4.0'. Selecting the master stereo option displays as 'Stereo PCM'. So it all looks correct. It's just that the stereo layer sounds way better to my ears. Yours, confounded!!!

Last edited:
From the new bundle, I started my listening session with the AWB.

This is a weird one and it may be my system but after selecting the Quad audio (actually it's the default with a 'tick' as per all the other Quadio discs), I was struck by how little action was coming from the rear speakers. I then tried selecting the Stereo mix as a comparsion and BANG! Action all around me; it's a much more immersive listening experience. Am I going mad or is it my BD player playing tricks? I've not had any such experiences with the previous Quadio releases.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Make sure you don't have some kind of faux-surround setting selected on your gear, it shouldn't sound that way.

Strange as it seems.......3 1/2 hours after receiving my mail this morning, my security camera gave me an alert. My mail lady walking up my driveway with my remaining Rhino Quadio's. Very grateful that all mine arrived with no cracked cases. I noticed instead of the brown carboard shipping containers, all were shipped in the white carboard containers. Tough to open for me, but no complaints as they arrive undamaged........

THANK YOU RHINO

Has anyone outside the US received their replacement disc?
Has anyone outside the US received any ofnthe bundle#3 discs?
Has any of them even be shipped?

Back