4 more Quadio titles coming in January 2024! (Titles Announced)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Significant error spotted on "Every Man a King". Comparing the front with the back channels results in a VERY negative correlation meter result.
1000005203.png

So Rhino messed up, right? Believe it or not, no. This error also exists on the original release. What I believe may have happened is that, during the mix's creation, an inverted version of the back channels was added to the front channels. If you simply invert the back channels, the group vocals are much louder than they are in the stereo mix of the song.

So, my hypothesis to "fix" the mix is to add the existing front left channel to the back left channel, which would create the new front left channel, then do the same for the front right channel (that is adding the front right to the back right, creating the new front right channel). I also personally thought the group vocals in the back channels were still a bit too loud compared to the stereo mix, so I lowered them by another 3dB.

I have just got shippinh notices for 3 of them: Svengali and AWB in one shipment and another shipment for The World..
Nothing yet for the one left in my bundle.
Cannot understand how RHINO is treating customers outside the US, they are perfectly aware or I think they should be, most of us abroad are likely going to be hit not only by VAT (no problem with that) but also we'll have to pay random import fees to the postal service FOR EACH OF THE SHIPMENTS

Its too bad Rhino cant send out test copies for evaluation by people here who are knowledgeable about the mixes.
However catching and correcting a mistake by the original quad remixers is something else and veers into rewriting history territory.

Its too bad Rhino cant send out test copies for evaluation by people here who are knowledgeable about the mixes.
However catching and correcting a mistake by the original quad remixers is something else and veers into rewriting history territory.
It's nevertheless important to note. Whether or not Rhino ought to fix the error is a different note, especially as it seems to be bigger change than simply inverting the polarity of a channel.

You guys are going to love this.

I have received all 4 Quadios plus the Moondance I ordered.

I just received my first shipping email from Rhino just now.
They list all 4 of the Quadios and Moondance and state my order is on the way with a shipping number.

So am I getting a second set????

Me too! I just got 3 shipping notices. I clicked the tracking number to see if I was getting double shipped, and the results said the items were delivered on Monday. Too funny.

Cannot understand how RHINO is treating customers outside the US, they are perfectly aware or I think they should be, most of us abroad are likely going to be hit not only by VAT (no problem with that) but also we'll have to pay random import fees to the postal service FOR EACH OF THE SHIPMENTS
That's why I won't order direct from Rhino. It's bad enough paying the exorbitant fee to collect the VAT, but not knowing how many times you'll end up paying that fee is ridiculous.

You guys are going to love this.

I have received all 4 Quadios plus the Moondance I ordered.

I just received my first shipping email from Rhino just now.
They list all 4 of the Quadios and Moondance and state my order is on the way with a shipping number.

So am I getting a second set????
Either THAT, Jeffie, or your email got scrambled in CYBERSPACE! 🌎

A question for all you QQers in the know, or maybe even @ForagingRhino himself. I have ripped the War disk. When I added it to my library I noticed a Q8 transfer of Deliver The Word, the album after TWIAG. I'm not sure that I really ever listened to it. Is this title in play as well for Quadio release?

Strange as it seems.......3 1/2 hours after receiving my mail this morning, my security camera gave me an alert. My mail lady walking up my driveway with my remaining Rhino Quadio's. Very grateful that all mine arrived with no cracked cases. I noticed instead of the brown carboard shipping containers, all were shipped in the white carboard containers. Tough to open for me, but no complaints as they arrive undamaged........

THANK YOU RHINO
There’s a trick to opening those white cardboard mailers. There is a little pull tab that you can open and it makes it so much easier than trying to pry apart the glue where the cardboard flaps meet.

I'm back to being slightly annoyed again. LOL! My remaining Quadios have been sitting at USPS in Champaign, IL since the 27th. 25 miles from my house.....and crickets. lol
Normally, when any sort of mail hits the Champaign site, I get it the next morning.
They could be moving along and tracking not showing this? But yeah I hate it when things fall between the cracks like what often happens to me.

They could be moving along and tracking not showing this? But yeah I hate it when things fall between the cracks like what often happens to me.
Yeah, and I really try to be a very positive voice. I don't want to be the guy complaining. I'm really not, it's just my nature, when I don't understand something, it drives me crazy. Like, all other mail goes the normal route, Champaign, to Gibson City. 1 day. What is so different about this shipping system that breaks that normal routine. Oh, by the way, another mail day passed, and nothing.

Ordered the bundle on Jan 19th. Got two emails with shipping notices for War and Randy Newman on Jan 23rd.
Both arrived today, Jan 30th.

Haven't heard anything about the other two and my order status at Rhino just indicates "In Progress"....

"Falls down a well... her eyes cross.
Gets kicked in the head by a mule.... they uncross.
I don't know."

Ordered the bundle on Jan 19th. Got two emails with shipping notices for War and Randy Newman on Jan 23rd.
Both arrived today, Jan 30th.

Haven't heard anything about the other two and my order status at Rhino just indicates "In Progress"....

"Falls down a well... her eyes cross.
Gets kicked in the head by a mule.... they uncross.
I don't know."
Quaid

OK, today all 4 Quadios arrived having only received 2 shipping notices before, for 2 of the 4. Two packed together, and two packed one each. Now if I could just get my Spinners replacement.

Yeah, and I really try to be a very positive voice. I don't want to be the guy complaining. I'm really not, it's just my nature, when I don't understand something, it drives me crazy. Like, all other mail goes the normal route, Champaign, to Gibson City. 1 day. What is so different about this shipping system that breaks that normal routine. Oh, by the way, another mail day passed, and nothing.
I think the problem may well lie with the shipping system not Rhino itself. I have had many instances with "mail innovations" shipments where things sat a while, or were actually moving with the tracking being late to update. The handoff from the first carrier to the USPS, is very unpredictable, especially in the winter months.

I think the problem may well lie with the shipping system not Rhino itself. I have had many instances with "mail innovations" shipments where things sat a while, or were actually moving with the tracking being late to update. The handoff from the first carrier to the USPS, is very unpredictable, especially in the winter months.
Oh, I agree. I think Rhino has nothing to do with this (other than they chose to ship things this way). It just boggles my mind.

Back