4 more Quadio titles coming in May 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received my Svengali replacement copy yesterday. It still won't rip (using MakeMKV on a Mac): read errors. But I played it through on my Oppo, in both quad and stereo, and heard no skipping. I've never had read errors ripping any other Blu-ray title, using the same hardware and software.
I just got around to ripping my pile of purchases from the last year or so and I also had issues ripping the Svengali disc. I am using MakeMKV on a Windows PC. So far the only one of the quadios to give me a problem. I'm curious if you ever figured out a workaround for this. Only the first track (Thoroughbread) is compromised on mine, I am able to rip everything starting with track 2.

I just got around to ripping my pile of purchases from the last year or so and I also had issues ripping the Svengali disc. I am using MakeMKV on a Windows PC. So far the only one of the quadios to give me a problem. I'm curious if you ever figured out a workaround for this. Only the first track (Thoroughbread) is compromised on mine, I am able to rip everything starting with track 2.
I found that a couple of the Quadio’s simply would not open in MakeMKV, Sundown and The Hissing of Summer Lawns being two that gave me issues. I found that actually making a full disc backup using MakeMKV and then opening the index file from the resulting BDMV folder opened it up right away and I could rip with no problems.

No workaround for me, I just gave up on ripping it. As soon as MakeMKV opens my disc, it reports errors and won't go further, so I can't rip any of the tracks.

Back