4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Mingus Moves" is the kind of album that would appeal to the higher end audiophile listeners of the 70's. Jazz listeners and those guys that went to audio stores every other weekend to see what's up and what's new. So to think Atlantic never issued this album on a Q4 Reel-to-Reel is a bit surprising, or maybe not. Seems many of the labels at various points choose the wrong albums to mix to quad, the wrong albums to not get a certain quad format, or the albums they did not mix to quad and should have. Mingus screams Q4 release imo.

Oh well here we are 50 years later and the tapes sound like they were mixed yesterday, the right format(s) arrived, 5.1 players and speakers are somewhat saturated into homes, and that promised "Space-Age Sound of Tomorrow" has now finally arrived.
Quad was way ahead of its' time.

it may have taken 50 years for it to come into it's own but better late than never.

Quad was way ahead of its' time.

it may have taken 50 years for it to come into it's own but better late than never.
It took all that time to get the technology to catch up with the intent. Since most of my quad collection is matrix-encoded records, I'm glad a decoder, like the Surround Master, filled in the gap.

Ah, there I go again, rushing for no good reason. I just ordered several of the Quadio titles (2 from this batch plus "Red Octopus" which I skipped before) and NOW I see here that there is a promo code that could have saved me that nasty shipping cost. Unnggh!!
You are very late to signing up at the Quadraphonic Quad forums as well. We've been waiting for your arrival here.

It is already known when these titles (and the previous 4) will be available in Europe. (Importing and shipping make it quite expensive)
Of the previous four, two of them are not offered for sale there at all. Black Sabbath is a US and Canada only release, and J. Geils Band was not picked up for sale over on your side of the pond.. I would expect a month to 5 weeks later the new ones would appear in the UK online shop. So that leaves 6 discs only for you. And you do need all of them indeed.

But get this, if the free shipping works from the US Rhino site for you (orders $100 and over), and the above mentioned coupon discount code is applied, you would be saving quite a bit on the 8 discs after your two discounts. I can't think that this is not a good deal for you since you would like all 8 discs, and two of them are just not offered in UK store. I would put the two bundles into the cart, and add discount code, and see if free shipping also works like it does for US orders. If it does, or if shipping cost is reasonable then I would fire on the buy button.

Last edited:
Of the previous four, two of them are not offered for sale there at all. Black Sabbath is a US and Canada only release, and J. Geils Band was not picked up for sale over on your side of the pond.. I would expect a month to 5 weeks later the new ones would appear in the UK online shop. So that leaves 6 discs only for you. And you do need all of them indeed.

But get this, if the free shipping works from the US Rhino site for you (orders $100 and over), and the above mentioned coupon discount code is applied, you would be saving quite a bit on the 8 discs after your two discounts. I can't think that this is not a good deal for you since you would like all 8 discs, and two of them are just not offered in UK store. I would put the two bundles into the cart, and add discount code, and see if free shipping also works like it does for US orders. If you does, or shipping is reasonable then I would fire on the buy button.
Thanks for your thoughts. As I read it, the offer only applies to shipments within the U.S. Moreover, I am not interested in all titles. For now, only in Black Sabbath's. Unless they come onto the European market for a reasonable price.

For those using Chrome and having trouble with the Buy Now button on the final order page, try refreshing the page. That changed the button from a faded red to a bright red and then I could click on it and complete the order. YMMV :)

Back