4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually checked my mail on Sat thinking that just maybe it went out on Friday and only took one day. Silly me.
Wowie, this was the post # 2000 in this thread. That really is amazing. But maybe not that surprising being that two of these four releases are iconic cornerstones of 70s rock.

Things are going to really light up around here again when we start to see our orders delivered.

I just heard that order fulfillment is backed up and orders should start shipping tomorrow. They are way behind.

Any idea what sales were vs. expectations? I'm just curious. It does seem like a lot of people jumped on the bandwagon and I'd include myself. The bundle deal was good marketing because without it I probably would have bought only two of those discs.

Lobbying for an earlier release date on the next batch.
Excellent. The cool thing about the next batch....as you say, It should be a nice mix of genre's compared to the first batch. I mean, we could still see a single title that is sort of soft rock type (Seals/Croft type stuff) maybe some R&B or Funk stuff....jazz fusion....Bette Midler type stuff.

Holy Balls, I'm getting fired up. :hi :LOL: Here, let me offer you a couple drinks. lol

Digging around deep into the Warner catalog discography of quadraphonic releases. There are quite a few interesting titles. I'd love to see at least 20 more discs released from the selected titles on list below. I left out some titles like the Eagles quads, and some other stellar artists who might not be able to move as many units at this time. And these "two-fer" and "three-fer" comps provide more hits and more albums reissued where there might be many fewer released titles if they had to be stand alones.
What do you think about these choice picks?

Deep Purple - Machine Head
Deep Purple - Burn or Stormbringer or both
ZZ Top - Tres Hombres
Joni Mitchell - Court or Jackson Browne - Late for The Sky

or

Randy Newman - Sail Away or Good Old Boys (no two-fers here)
Bread - Baby I'm-a Want You or America - Holiday
Joni M or Jackson B (attempt again)
Gordon Lightfoot (two-fer) or Seals and Crofts (two-fer, or a Quad "Best of S & C" comp)
Bette Midler - The Divine Miss M
Joni Mitchell - Hissing of the Summer Lawns

or

Billy Cobham - Spectrum
Mingus Moves
Modern Jazz Quartet - Last Concert
Modern Jazz Quartet - Plastic Dreams / Blues on Bach (two-fer)
Gil Evans - Svengali
Duke Ellington - New Orleans Suite
Herbie Mann - (two-fer, or three-fer?)

or

and then R&B / Soul / Vocals

Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly
Graham Central Station (two-fer)
Average White Band
Spinners (two-fer, or three-fer)
Donny Hathaway - Extension of a Man

alternates:

James Taylor - Gorilla
Carly Simon - (two-fer)
Jefferson Starship (two-fer)
David Gates (two-fer)
James Gang - Miami
Souther, Hillman, Fury Band - (two-fer)
Stop...you're making me salivate with some of these possibilities! Especially when it comes to either a Jefferson Starship two-fer (Dragonfly/Spitfire!) or the iconic '74 Average White Band release AWB, not to mention any classic Joni or jazz offerings.

Stop...you're making me salivate with some of these possibilities! Especially when it comes to either a Jefferson Starship two-fer (Dragonfly/Spitfire!) or the iconic '74 Average White Band release AWB, not to mention any classic Joni or jazz offerings.
I tossed several titles in there there as "two-fers" for the fun of it, and knowing there are (some) titles there which we are not going to get as stand-alone single album releases. Current market simply does not support every dang thing ever mixed to quad.

Excellent. The cool thing about the next batch....as you say, It should be a nice mix of genre's compared to the first batch. I mean, we could still see a single title that is sort of soft rock type (Seals/Croft type stuff) maybe some R&B or Funk stuff....jazz fusion....Bette Midler type stuff.

Holy Balls, I'm getting fired up. :hi :LOL: Here, let me offer you a couple drinks. lol
Indeed, a smorgasbord of exciting quad mixes, a little something for everybody works for me too.

I'll take a Rock band, Jazz ensemble, Vocal stylist, and Pop group.

I know I should just sit back and be happy for a week or two and be thankful for what we have coming. But at the same time this forum is really all about us voicing our wants, hopes and dreams.

Shouldn't you be busy with the first 4 next week?
I might get stuck on Sabbath like I did PF Animals and listen to nothing but it next week.
I'm likely to listen to my top three fave songs from each disc just to get an idea of what each BluRay sounds like, and then head right for J Geils and listen to it complete beginning to end, as it is the only one I don't know well in quad. It has more potential surprises in store for me. The other three I know fairly well in quad already. I can get back to them after I sample a few tracks.

Quick question - sorry if already been answered but camping unpowered with a crazy child - but has anyone found how to order Paranoid for a sane price to Australia? :(

Even though I've heard the quad reel of Paranoid, there is little doubt in my mind, when the 4 titles arrive, Sabbath is going in first. Just for the freaking shock value of actually having a real disc in my hands. Shit man, this will be epic...
Exactly "in your hands" is not to be underestimated. I never totally gave up hope that we would see these two quadraphonic crown jewels on high res discs, but you know what was slightly distressing to me, is to see Paranoid, Jackson 5 Hits, and a Diana Ross album released from their quad master tapes but folded down to stereo. That caused me some paranoia right there, making me think that maybe things are going in the wrong direction so far as quad goes on major labels.

So all of the Quadio releases give us a lot to be grateful for, and it resets things.

It's good timing too, as there is not any new Sony Japan 7" series SACD announced, nor has DV announced their new titles just yet, so Rhino Quadio releases get the "Spotlight" for right now.

Back