Alan Parsons to Release "Tales of Mystery and Imagination: Edgar Allan Poe" 5.1 Mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a way, I would be very surprised if the Blu-Ray did not contain the Orson Welles narration included in at least the 5.1 mix.
After all, the main reason that it was not included in the original 1976 mix is because it did not arrive in time for it to be mixed into the album, but they can certainly do that now! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While we are still waiting on more preorder options for the single Blu-Ray release, I should advertise that in light of today's news of the Blu-Ray audio releases of "Dolittle" (by the Pixies) and "Seventh Dream of Teenage Heaven" (by Love & Rockets), not only does Bull Moose have both of these releases for preorder at great prices, but they also have a great price on the "Tales of Mystery and Imagination" box set, at $95.97
http://www.bullmoose.com/p/23621064/alan-parsons-project-tales-of-mystery-imagination

Chris (BullMoose), will you let us know when the single Blu-Ray release is available to preorder from Bull Moose? Thanks! :)

On the PledgeMusic discussion board of this release, I asked if the Orson Wells narration was going to be included on the Blu Ray just to get some confirmation, and this was the reply:

Thanks for your message.

The Blu-Ray has been mixed from the original 1976 version of the album, so does not contain the Orson Welles narration.

Regards
Cecelia
PledgeMusic

:(

I listened the 1987 version first and I love it. When I listen the 1976 version, while I like it, I feel that something important is missing.
But I guess people that heard the 1976 version first will love that one the most.

Nevertheless, I'm going to order the standalone Blu Ray. :)

Last edited:
On the PledgeMusic discussion board of this release, I asked if the Orson Wells narration was going to be included on the Blu Ray just to get some confirmation, and this was the reply:

I heard the 1987 version first and I love it. When I hear the 1976 version, while I like it, I feel that something important is missing.
But I guess people that heard the 1976 version first will love that one the most.

Nevertheless, I'm going to order the standalone Blu Ray. :)

Yeah! Such a shame. it isn't the 1987 version!... or just both;)
Think I'll have to merge in the guitar parts from the 1987 version.... and Orson....
Maybe a 7.1 version works;)

I listened the 1987 version first and I love it. When I listen the 1976 version, while I like it, I feel that something important is missing.

Count me in that camp. I've been listening to the 76 version for 40 years, and only heard the 87 version a couple years ago. I realize I'm in the minority here, but I didn't like it because to me, it amounts to painting graffiti over something beautiful. Only the original is "right". I feel the same way about George Lucas adding more CGI "muppets" and enhanced special effects to the original Star Wars trilogy. it takes away from it instead of adding to it.

Well, I decided to order the box set from Amazon UK. $113.50 CAD (£71.04) delivered to Canada. Instead of $33 CAD just for the Blu Ray on PledgeMusic.
Almost 3 and half times the cost, but I'll get the Vinyl (which I still collect), the CDs and the book.
I just hope the CDs don't have the same "remaster" than on the previous Deluxe edition. Because if they do, I might cancel the order and go for the Blu ray only.

I didn't have time to scan this thread to see where you can order the deluxe box, but POPMARKET has it for 1 day only at US $99 and free shipping. I have no way to know if this is a better price than other sites, but there you have it.

I could be wrong, but I think for US customers, Amazon.co.uk is still the best right now. Conversion with shipping comes out to around $83 for the deluxe box set. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I most definitely will purchase the stand alone blu-ray disc. We all bitched and wished for one after all.(well many of us).:rolleyes:

And considering all the effort that went into getting a stand alone done, by Alan, Tad, and QQ members--this decision is a no brainer.
:smokin

Other than pledge music, I don't seem to be able to find additional ordering sources ?

(Was hoping "the shed" might get it ).

Pre-ordered the stand alone disc via a Swedish online store, 18 bucks, great prize. Might just buy two just to support stand alone solutions like this.

Guys, I've been wondering when this Blu-Ray Audio will be released. No matter how much I search the Internet, I just can't seem to find the date. Am I overlooking something obvious?

Back