Batch #2 of Rhino Atmos Blu-Rays coming August 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. That's at the top of my wish list. Mirage and the 1975 self-titled LP also. All are streaming in Atmos but the 5.1's have only been released on lossy DD.

Now..... @ForagingRhino ..... since you gave us hints about the Quadio releases.... Can you give us a hint or two here?

:51QQ
We did Rumours, so I would expect the other three to follow suit.
Probably starting with the self-titled album next year.....

Yup. That's at the top of my wish list. Mirage and the 1975 self-titled LP also. All are streaming in Atmos but the 5.1's have only been released on lossy DD.

Now..... @ForagingRhino ..... since you gave us hints about the Quadio releases.... Can you give us a hint or two here?

:51QQ
I'd probably be in for buying those (although I haven't yet pulled the trigger on "Rumours" so maybe I'll miss out if I wait too long?) but personally I'd prefer new Atmos mixes of titles they haven't already mixed into 5.1.

With so much stuff being released, it's getting to the point where I'm going have to start picking-and-choosing more which titles I REALLY want and which I can take a pass on. I'd love to buy it all, but not only is it starting to stretch my budget, but I don't have the time to listen to everything.

Hootie and Alanis I jumped on, but Rumours and the Doors I put on hold as I've already got good surround mixes of that stuff in my collection.

Yes! Excellent!
I never loved the sound quality of the 5.1 mix on the FM75 DVD-V disc so I am more than willing to get a new high-res Blu-Ray to replace my box set.

:)

Dunno if it's been suggested before, but Atmos mixes of any of the first three Phil Collins albums would be great.

Is the Peter Gabriel catalog all UMG now?
I could be wrong be I think Phil the Shill drank the Paul Simon Kool-Aid so I doubt his music will be released in Multichannel.

He's of course referring to the '68 album.
1000006666.jpg

He's of course referring to the '68 album. View attachment 107008
aww gawd.. 😬 it's probably recorded on 8-track (at best) right? 👀

i have to say i'm utterly amazed "Hotel California" has not been suggested for the Atmos treatment, maybe folks are burned out on that one idk, or maybe it's in the works, who can say!? 🤷🏻‍♀️

aww gawd.. 😬 it's probably recorded on 8-track (at best) right? 👀

i have to say i'm utterly amazed "Hotel California" has not been suggested for the Atmos treatment, maybe folks are burned out on that one idk, or maybe it's in the works, who can say!? 🤷🏻‍♀️
If it were to happen this year it would absolutely coincide with their (already double extended) Sphere run for maximum news coverage…

How realistic is my repetitive request for that single Passport Album in Atmos? Please tell me when to throw in the towel suggesting/requesting?

Sara is not only my favorite FM song, but one of my favorite songs by any artist.

A Rhino Atmos batch at some point that includes Tusk would be pre-ordered immediately and enjoyed immensely.
“Tusk” is on my Top Ten list of all-time favorite albums. I love the 5.1 mix with all its quirky differences. I hope any new Atmos release would include that mix as well. Love to have it in Hi-Rez

How realistic is my repetitive request for that single Passport Album in Atmos? Please tell me when to throw in the towel suggesting/requesting?
afaik there's been no further info at present other than what Foraging Rhino previously said publicly here at QQ. based on that nugget, it feels quite unrealistic to live in hope at this point as Rhino don't have the tapes right now - b-b-b-but things change all the time! 🙏

so.. we must sit tight, watch this space and keep everything crossed including our fingers, legs, toes, eyes and err.. maybe not crossed words 🤐😅 and hope a new batch is announced, or at the very least some more info is teased, soon! 😳👀🤩🙌🥳😵‍💫🤞

Back