Best. Customers. Ever.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear All

I claim this is surround related as I am convinced he used 4 of these. I suppose he has the philosophy of "every little bit helps", I just love the obsession.

Regards
I have a brilliant idea! Turn the amp 90 degrees and you eliminate the bend, and about 3ft of wire!
PS. I only get genius inspired ideas like this infrequently but stay ready for future developments!

None of those were on my Uni book list, similar titles though. Do you have Clayton's Operational Amplifiers?
I got rid of most of my college student text books, but do still have the massive tome that dominated my life for two years of sixth form - the much feared Advanced Level Physics by Nelkon & Parker. Looking at the sample A Level paper questions therein don't think I could answer any of them today. I'd forgotten how demanding they were and how much detailed maths was required - all to be achieved with only a slide rule and log tables! l got a high grade so must have been so much clever back then. Scary really.

I got rid of most of my college student text books, but do still have the massive tome that dominated my life for two years of sixth form - the much feared Advanced Level Physics by Nelkon & Parker. Looking at the sample A Level paper questions therein don't think I could answer any of them today. I'd forgotten how demanding they were and how much detailed maths was required - all to be achieved with only a slide rule and log tables! l got a high grade so must have been so much clever back then. Scary really.
I still always use my HP calculators with RPN, just love them . My first was the HP45 in around 1973 I think.

At one time I was told everything about electronics design can be defined by conductance, resistance, capacitance and inductance.
The dividing line between electrical and electronic engineering is

V= IR (Twinkle twinkle little star V= IR.....That's how you remember it)

I did both degrees and there is little commonality past that point

https://www.amazon.com/Engineering-circuit-analysis-William-Hart/dp/0070273936

I kept some of my textbooks after getting my EE degree in 1983, this is the only one with "humorous" comments like this one on page 286 (I don't know if later editions continue this):

(sadly, none of my textbooks mentioned the Lost in Space TV show)

Kirk Bayne

EE_CaptainKirk.jpg

I still have most of my BSEE textbooks. I was really getting into the math, especially differential equations as I approached graduation, but those books haven’t been opened in almost 50 years. Not sure why they’ve been moved across the country twice, but here they are.

My degree says “Electrical Engineering,” but the only mains power design I’ve ever done was within A/V racks. That and figuring out that an elecrician “tested” a 220V circuit with a neon light after installing a buck/boost transformer in buck instead of boost on a 208V 3-phase building.

Shocking... (ba-dum tish!)
Yeah, when someone says they tested a circuit, the last thing you expect is that they didn’t test it. The system had a GE Talaria video projector (awesome piece of gear in its day) and I even had a GE tech called in to figure out why the picture had a massive hum bar.

The freaking neon light tester would have come on at 90V. Some test.

I still have most of my BSEE textbooks. I was really getting into the math, especially differential equations as I approached graduation, but those books haven’t been opened in almost 50 years. Not sure why they’ve been moved across the country twice, but here they are.

My degree says “Electrical Engineering,” but the only mains power design I’ve ever done was within A/V racks. That and figuring out that an elecrician “tested” a 220V circuit with a neon light after installing a buck/boost transformer in buck instead of boost on a 208V 3-phase building.
I picked my degree course, Pure Electronics (run by the Physics Dept.), as it only had 10hrs of Electrical Eng in it, 10hrs too much for me, but way less than any other I looked at!

I picked my degree course, Pure Electronics (run by the Physics Dept.), as it only had 10hrs of Electrical Eng in it, 10hrs too much for me, but way less than any other I looked at!
My dad was an EE (electronics by profession, although a lot of his coursework was power-related), and I believe there’s a bit of genetics involved in my career choice. It took both of us a few tries (occasionally I refer to my first freshman year, my second freshman year, and my third freshman year), but once I applied myself,I found that I loved it, including the higher-level math.

I know engineers who picked mechanical and civil fields, and even a ceramics engineer. I worked at a place where there were corrosion engineers (no, they did not invent new kinds of rust, although I occasionally accused one of them of doing that).

I certainly understand how some fields can be very weedy and a lot of folks aren’t into weeds, but that’s my sweet spot.

Back