Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'Birdman' is actually quite interesting from a sound point of view - visually it is presented as a single continuous shot with constant motion - and the audio matches that surround movement brilliantly. Similarly 'Gravity' uses the same single shot technique but in space - both great pieces of film-making in my opinion....

Last edited:
'Birdman' is actually quite interesting form a sound point of view - visually it is presented as a single continuous shot with constant motion - and the audio matches that surround movement brilliantly. Similarly 'Gravity' uses the same single shot technique but in space - both great pieces of film-making in my opinion....
I'm a HUGE fan of "Birdman"

:)

'Birdman' is actually quite interesting from a sound point of view - visually it is presented as a single continuous shot with constant motion - and the audio matches that surround movement brilliantly. Similarly 'Gravity' uses the same single shot technique but in space - both great pieces of film-making in my opinion....
BTW, Stephen, GRAVITY in 3D is A M A Z I N G!

One of my favorite Brooks films. Coming from Criterion August 27th.

Mother1.jpg

On September 17th, Canada's UNOBSTRUCTED VIEW and director Tinto Brass will release the ULTIMATE CUT of CALIGULA which premiered in 2023 at the Cannes Film Festival in Native UHD4K!

https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/n...t-limited-numbered-4k-uhd-bluray-on-917/49508

caligula_uhd_3d_ocard_1__1.png
All these mentions of the film reminded me of a booze-cruise trip to France on the ferry (many moons ago when I had hair!). We got one of the girls in our group to ask the boats reception desk to request that "would Mr C. Aligula please go down to his vehicle as his horse misses him", we also got them announcing if anybody had seen Mike Hunt - oh the fun of being young :sneaky:

All these mentions of the film reminded me of a booze-cruise trip to France on the ferry (many moons ago when I had hair!). We got one of the girls in our group to ask the boats reception desk to request that "would Mr C. Aligula please go down to his vehicle as his horse misses him", we also got them announcing if anybody had seen Mike Hunt - oh the fun of being young :sneaky:
When I was a pediatric intern we had the overnight page operators in the hospital go on the overhead system and page “Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine.”

Herby Hind.

Back