Grilling, Barbeque/Asado Thread - QQ Style :)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the employees at my local bowling alley was giving away an air fryer! This ribeye turned out pretty juicy! 6 minutes a side at 400 degrees.
7E317481-360B-42D5-9051-BBD5C59C7BD2_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
And birthday boy was happy!!

View attachment 107595
I hope you are ready to fulfill your role as Grandad...you can't expect the parents to cover all important aspects of life....that is where the "hip" grandfather comes in...it will be up to you to explain who Ozzy is and how he changed your life...next will be your love affair with the 442...just don't tell him about all of your driving adventures....one crucial thing...don't let him become enamored with the music of his generation...don't just talk about music...have him over at the house and let him listen to the "real music"....and never mention the Steve Hoffman Forum....all discussions should focus on the historical importance of quad music .and surround music in general...

Last edited:
all this coffee talk in the uber-inappropriate "Rhino Quadio Batch 5" thread made me remember to mention a certain little gadget that we use sometimes (I just couldn't feel right posting over there, but here, sure.)

It's called an AeroPress, and makes some of the best coffee I've ever had anywhere. It really pulls out that rich caramel flavor that some coffee's possess. Here's a link to their site:

https://aeropress.com/products/aeropress-coffee-maker

They can be bought on Amazon also, if you prefer.

It really only makes enough for one good sized cup, so my wife and I each have their own. It is a little bit of a hassle, but when you have time and really want that special cup, this get's the job done!

Currently this is our favorite everyday cup-o'-joe from whole beans-

https://www.peets.com/products/cafe-domingo

Read about their "associations" with Starbucks; and I've even read that the Peets' roasters taught the Starbucks folks how to roast.

and my tie-in with 'meat'; well I've tried various Coffee Jerky recipes trying to come up with something different for Jerky, but so far I just haven't found the right combination without it tasting a little weird.

Back