Here it is: the JCQS-440 A.F.V. also known as the Wurlyscope.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a question. If you are using the line level feed to the scope, how are you getting them back into the stereo/quad inputs? Are you splitting all of them to feed the scope and your stereo?
No need for splitter cables!

Each input have a pass-thru output.
Plus input gain presets are provided to best match your equipment.
Have a look at the back plate markings.

Attachments

• Jean CAuvier440mk-II-III Back plate.JPG
    Jean CAuvier440mk-II-III Back plate.JPG
    372.6 KB · Views: 59
Can this also be used as an oscilloscope?
No, the display is not working with a time base like an oscilloscopeand is not X/Y based Like a crt.
It is specially designed to display the interactions between two or more signals. I call it an AFV. Audio Fields Visualizer.
An oscilloscope cannot show audio quite like this.

I guess the mk-III is the one to go for you as it is as capapble as the mk-II for quad display (4.0)

The JCQS-440 is not a kit, it's a completely assemble and tested unit. I design and built them by hand few units at a time.

I will put your name on the list and contact you when i will have one for you

Excellent on it being a finished unit. I think I was on the list on Dec 3, but it's good either way.

What do the back 4 channels do in the mark 3 for "matrix?"

Thanks.

I will copy here the answer i gave in a private messager earlier.

Both models are not limited to quad, they all accept up to 9 channels.
the main difference for the mk-III is the channels 5 to 8 are fed through a matrix and fed to the Channels 1 to 4. The ninth channel is for the sub and they both have it.

For example, the ch 5 (center front) input is fed to the FL and FR ch 1 and 2,
the ch 7 (Left) is fed to the FL and RL ch 1 and 3 and so on.

in the mk-II, there is a switcheable » Matrix » mode which do just that.
Otherwise the mk-II have some bi-color LEDS for ch 5 to 8.

Only a few more to go!
Have you got a simple jig to test every LED before soldering it in?
For the first mk-I last year, i did but i quickly realized the tester would wear out very quickly plus it is so time consuming that it became simpler to just replace the defectives ones if any.
The only test i do is a colors check when i change batch.:cool:

For the first mk-I last year, i did but i quickly realized the tester would wear out very quickly plus it is so time consuming that it became simpler to just replace the defectives ones if any.
The only test i do is a colors check when i change batch.:cool:

That would be cool to have a “demo mode” on the Wurlyscope. Something to impress your friends, or more importantly.......the ladies. Because as everyone knows, it is impossible for a woman to not fall under the spell of a functioning Wurlyscope. It is fullproof and scientifically proven, time and time again.

That would be cool to have a “demo mode” on the Wurlyscope. Something to impress your friends, or more importantly.......the ladies. Because as everyone knows, it is impossible for a woman to not fall under the spell of a functioning Wurlyscope. It is fullproof and scientifically proven, time and time again.
The ideal demo mode would be to post videos of your best multi-channel audio file displayed on your Wurlyscope.
The Wurlyscope is a hard-wired analog computer designed to do only one thing. It add, subtract, differentiate complex analog values, ie audio signals, and finally display the results at near light-speed!
Maybe i could produce a dvd with testing signals for a 5.1 demo.
But now all my energy is on the assembly. :cool:

The ideal demo mode would be to post videos of your best multi-channel audio file displayed on your Wurlyscope.
The Wurlyscope is a hard-wired analog computer designed to do only one thing. It add, subtract, differentiate complex analog values, ie audio signals, and finally display the results at near light-speed!
Maybe i could produce a dvd with testing signals for a 5.1 demo.
But now all my energy is on the assembly. :cool:

Not really knowing what I am talking about, but since it is an analog device it would probably require at the least a small ROM chip with the demo routines programmed in. And of course a ‘Demo’ button on the panel to disable regular “Wurly mode.” But how that would all work past that is beyond me. Maybe a very, very, small traffic cop inside to route the signals? It might work.

Back