How do I extract audio from Blu-Rays now that AnyDVD has disappeared?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dynamic Editor

800 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
With AnyDVD's site suddenly disappearing, I find myself at a complete loss on how to extract the audio from Blu-Ray discs. Previously, I used AnyDVD in conjunction with DVD Audio Extractor to rip non-Atmos audio from Blu-Ray discs, but now, I have no earthly idea how to do it.

I tried DVD Fab Passkey to try and bypass the copy protection on the Blu-Ray, but that didn't work at all (it just kept loading indefinitely).

I tried ripping with MakeMKV and I have the mkv files... but now what? I don't really see an option from there how to extract the audio from an mkv file. Nothing seemed to appear regardless of what source I tried to pick on DVD Audio Extractor. I feel I am missing something significant, but I have no clue what.

Right, just create a Backup with MakeMKV (folder with green arrow icon in upper left corner). It decrypts the disc and creates a regular Blu-ray folder that can be burned, made into an ISO, extracted to audio, played directly from an HDD, etc.

I tried DVD Fab Passkey to try and bypass the copy protection on the Blu-Ray, but that didn't work at all (it just kept loading indefinitely).
Passkey has been more and more problematic for me. About 50% or more of the discs I throw at it simply won't load. I now use DVDFab13 and or makeMKV.

With AnyDVD's site suddenly disappearing, I find myself at a complete loss on how to extract the audio from Blu-Ray discs. Previously, I used AnyDVD in conjunction with DVD Audio Extractor to rip non-Atmos audio from Blu-Ray discs, but now, I have no earthly idea how to do it.

I tried ripping with MakeMKV and I have the mkv files... but now what? I don't really see an option from there how to extract the audio from an mkv file. Nothing seemed to appear regardless of what source I tried to pick on DVD Audio Extractor. I feel I am missing something significant, but I have no clue what.
Not sure which version of MakeMKV you’re using but you should update to the most recent version if you’re using an old one. MakeMKV rips to BDMV folder for me, not MKV files, so either update the program or change your settings to rip to BDMV folder, then DVD Audio Extractor will work with no problem.

You can use Music Media Helper to ‘Extract Audio from MKV’ to convert to FLAC etc if you have Windows or use MakeMKV to ‘Backup’ your disc and then DVD Audio Extractor to convert to disc folders and stream to FLAC.
I used MakeMKV to rip the new SW 5.1 DTS-HD MA layer of Fragile BD and put it on my desktop. VLC will open it and play it, but I tried to use DVD Audio Extractor like you said above as I want them in FLAC format, but when I change "DVD Source" to "Folder - Open files from file folder" and I search my desktop it sees my Fragile DTS folder, but when I select that folder, which has the 7.64 GB .mkv file in it, it doesn't see the .mkv file that's there?

What do you use for a ISO-Copy from a DVD Audio?
If you're asking about creating an .iso from any given source like AnyDVD could do and that MakeMKV cannot do, that's a good question.

Maybe there's a better way but I've been using ImgBurn to create an .iso afterwards when needed from the folders MakeMKV can create.

If that's *not* what you're asking about pay me no mind ;)

DVD Audio Extractor has always been able to remove the 5.1 audio files from a DVD, or Blu-ray Disc as FLAC files in one step but it always needed AnyDVD to remove the encryption that was on the disc. Now that.AnyDVD no longer works, at least for now, I’m looking for a way to remove the audio files from a DVD or Blu-ray, but in FLAC format, like before. I have MakeMKV on my Windows laptop, but that leaves you with .mkv files, which do not play in my 2024, which has surround sound, and plays flack files, but will not play .mkv files.

DVD Audio Extractor has always been able to remove the 5.1 audio files from a DVD, or Blu-ray Disc as FLAC files in one step but it always needed AnyDVD to remove the encryption that was on the disc. Now that.AnyDVD no longer works, at least for now, I’m looking for a way to remove the audio files from a DVD or Blu-ray, but in FLAC format, like before. I have MakeMKV on my Windows laptop, but that leaves you with .mkv files, which do not play in my 2024, which has surround sound, and plays flack files, but will not play .mkv files.
I use MakeMKV and then use Music Media Helper (MMH) to convert to FLAC with tracks split by chapter. MMH is easy once you spend a little time with it. It is also kept current, the developer is very responsive.

I used MakeMKV to rip the new SW 5.1 DTS-HD MA layer of Fragile BD and put it on my desktop. VLC will open it and play it, but I tried to use DVD Audio Extractor like you said above as I want them in FLAC format, but when I change "DVD Source" to "Folder - Open files from file folder" and I search my desktop it sees my Fragile DTS folder, but when I select that folder, which has the 7.64 GB .mkv file in it, it doesn't see the .mkv file that's there?
DVDAE will not rip audio from an MKV file. Read post#2 again. Making a backup is not the same as ripping to an mkv file. There is a backup option in makemkv. If you are using windows using mmh is easier.

What also works is
1. MakeMKV -> to rip to an mkv
2. MKVtoolnix -> to remove everything except the audio and split by chapter, then you have one mka file per track
3. Audio converter of your choice, in my case fre:ac -> convert mka files to whatever you want to have them in (flac etc).

I guess MMH does steps 2 and 3 in one step for you, but I settled to above procedure before I learned about MMH.

What also works is
1. MakeMKV -> to rip to an mkv
2. MKVtoolnix -> to remove everything except the audio and split by chapter, then you have one mka file per track
3. Audio converter of your choice, in my case fre:ac -> convert mka files to whatever you want to have them in (flac etc).

I guess MMH does steps 2 and 3 in one step for you, but I settled to above procedure before I learned about MMH.
Any audio converter that will convert mkv to flac will make step2 unnecessary.

Back