Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jethro Tull Said She Was A Dancer CD single
8railYB.jpeg

2rV6Vno.jpeg

#16 The Rain Stopped, Quick, Jump In! Random iPad Pool Jukebox on Sunday:

Beck - Stratosphere
Death Cab For Cutie - I Dreamt We Spoke Again
Sparks - Edith Piaf (Said It BetterThan Me)
Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song
Be-Bop Deluxe - Maid In Heaven (BBC)
Roxy Music - Sentimental Fool
The English Beat - Save It For Later
Porcupine Tree - Drown With Me
Procol Harum - Sunday Morning
Adam Minkoff - Espanola
The Beatles - Helter Skelter
Oz Noy - Boogaloo Fever
Porcupine Tree - Yellow Windows Evening Train
Roxy Music - Amazona
Ben Folds - The Luckiest (live)
Patrick Leonard - The Slough
Marco Minneman - A Random Place
Pineapple Thief - Someone Pull Me Out
The Chills - Snow Bound
Martin Barre - Eleanor Rigby (electric)
Sparks - I Bought The Mississippi River
Stick Men + David Cross - Midori M12
The Chills - Eazy Peazy
Steven Wilson - The Watchmaker (live)
Til Tuesday - Coming Up Close
Joe Satriani - Dance Of The Spores

Last edited:
Evenings At The Village Gate
John Coltrane with Eric Dolphy
A 1961 club date recorded and then lost for decades until the tapes were rediscovered in the New York Public Library.
Good performance and good mono sound

https://www.discogs.com/release/3652917-Joan-Armatrading-Greatest-Hits
I've had this CD in my collection for about two decades, but never gave it much airplay. I broke it out last week, ripped it for my phone and car, listened through a few times, stunned by how good it is (and flabbergasted that I never realized it before), especially the 70s tracks. A hybrid of folk/jazz/rock/blues/etc. on top of adventurous but accessible songwriting and a clear strong voice, she was kind of the British precursor to Tracy Chapman, but also reminiscent of a lot of other great female artists... Joni, Christine McVie, perhaps even a touch of early Kate Bush... but unique, never derivative.

This technically a FLAC download, but as an experiment it is a MQA FLAC download. The digital MQA file played USB out to my Luxman>stereo preamp>stereo amp, plays well and the MQA signal (Unfolded) from the Luxman.
Sounds good, no issues. DR's are 5's, 6's 7's. 2010 a big year for The Loudness Wars.
The Black Keys-Brothers-The first band to record at Muscle Shoals Sound after being closed for thirty years. Released 2010.
R-17150080-1612004384-2662.jpg

Some of my Dr. Hook and Redbone CD's where twofers. I noticed they had the same record label
BGO RECORDS IN UK

Man, they got a lot to choose from, digital remasters, twofers, threefers and fourfers.
Fairly inexpensive, but coming from UK.
Then I looked on Amazon AMAZON BGO RECORDS and easier to get here in US.
I will compare the two sites and see what I like.

Still to this day, nothing wrong with those good Ol CD's. Easy listening, play at home, car, party's, loud to fill the house while your doing the dishes. No need to stress, analyze and report back to QQ, :SG

This technically a FLAC download, but as an experiment it is a MQA FLAC download. The digital MQA file played USB out to my Luxman>stereo preamp>stereo amp, plays well and the MQA signal (Unfolded) from the Luxman.
Sounds good, no issues. DR's are 5's, 6's 7's. 2010 a big year for The Loudness Wars.
The Black Keys-Brothers-The first band to record at Muscle Shoals Sound after being closed for thirty years. Released 2010.
View attachment 94042
Man, those are some embarrassingly low DRs!

Back