Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Who-Who's Next
13xu0vC.jpeg

Steppenwolf next
Don’t forget Crowbar!
Gotta sneak some classic Cancon into the mix.

1980. Just moved into the dorms at CMU. This guy from Chicago named David turmed me on to the Dregs. David was an interesting cat in 1980. He played soccer - who the hell even knew what that was in 1980 ? He did not drink - did not drink ? not sure how he got accepted to CMU with that trait. He was a runner. A runner ? weird back then. And ? the dude could do the largest bong hits I have ever seen. I often thought his lungs would explode or he would die coughing. Nope . Wonder whatever happened to him -

dregsbest.jpg

1980. Just moved into the dorms at CMU. This guy from Chicago named David turmed me on to the Dregs. David was an interesting cat in 1980. He played soccer - who the hell even knew what that was in 1980 ? He did not drink - did not drink ? not sure how he got accepted to CMU with that trait. He was a runner. A runner ? weird back then. And ? the dude could do the largest bong hits I have ever seen. I often thought his lungs would explode or he would die coughing. Nope . Wonder whatever happened to him -

View attachment 95029

This prompted me to pull out Steve Morse’s first solo album, The Introduction, this morning. An amazing album that completely floored me.

The first time I heard of Steve (and then the Dregs) was in Guitar Player magazine where they would have a flexidisc (or soundpage) that you’d pull out of the magazine. It was attached to the binding. Steve was featured on the disc one month and this was my, pardon the pun, introduction to him.

I don’t have mine any more, but found a photo. You can see where it says to put a coin if it slips while playing which could be a problem depending on your turntable.

Over the years, what I’ve come away with is that Steve is one of those “jack of all trades, master of pretty much all of them” guitar players.

OS5qcGVn.jpeg

Clement, great minds think alike. You'll notice Russell in KC on my last post in this thread. An EU only CD.

spins:

Little Queen - Heart
Expectations - Keith Jarrett same tracks, different order from 2 LP
Just Another Band from LA - Zappa/Mothers
Realization - Johnny Rivers
Fables of Faubus (vocal version) - Charles Mingus
Spirit (1st) mono CD from It Shall Be box

Back