Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bangles - Hazy Shade Of Winter (West Germany)
T8Lrbjc.jpg
pUGOmbD.jpg
That is one of those rare remakes that I like more than the original. I hope all the S&G fans out there don't want me banned for saying so. I love The Bangles version though.

C93C1B06-7BE4-41B5-8DB0-7F8D43B48CB1.jpeg

Tears For Fears - Songs From the Big Chair

The 30th Anniversary Box Set of this iconic album. The Steven Wilson stereo remix in 24/96 MLP & LPCM on the DVD Audio is not the revelation I expected. Nothing wrong with it but I think I prefer the original CD (which I have here to compare).
The B-Sides are great. The various remixes & single edits get tedious (and sound thinner than the album tracks) though some of the extended versions on Disc 3 are good.

Last edited:
View attachment 100304
Tears For Fears - Songs From the Big Chair

The 30th Anniversary Box Set of this iconic album. The Steven Wilson stereo remix in 24/96 MLP & LPCM on the DVD Audio is not the revelation I expected. Nothing wrong with it but I think I prefer the original CD (which I have hear to compare).
The B-Sides are great. The various remixes & single edits get tedious (and sound thinner than the album tracks) though some of the extended versions on Disc 3 are good.
Rang
The UHQCD / MQA is the one to get. Blows away the Wilson mix

Last edited:
Rang
The UHQCD / MQA is the one to get
It’s out of print, right?
And do I need to be MQA capable (I’m not) to take full advantage of it.

Maybe I need to search out a copy.
I’m a huge fan of this album and though I appreciate the scope, I’m rather underwhelmed by this box set. Maybe the recordings are what they are, but I think a lot of it could have sounded better.

It’s out of print, right?
And do I need to be MQA capable (I’m not) to take full advantage of it.

Maybe I need to search out a copy.
I’m a huge fan of this album and though I appreciate the scope, I’m rather underwhelmed by this box set. Maybe the recordings are what they are, but I think a lot of it could have sounded better.
Rang
you do not need to be MQA ready ( though it does add to the wonderfullness )
You will be fine without unfolding as it is that good

That box set. Agreed. It is good. But not great, Bummer

Madonna 50 Number Ones [Rhino/Warner/3 RBCDs] Madge doing what Madge does BEST ..... Anything but attempting to ACT [UGH!] Sounds INSANELY DISCRETE through the SUPER DSP mode of my pre/pro! Say what you will about Madge ...but she sure gets those juices flowing! Aerobics for the 👂👂👂👂

91BKQBVQa5L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want some manna [and it IS Manna] for your Surround Master try this amazing DXD Recorded disc from composer Michael Stearns. On my system in the discrete SUPER mode I was literally transfixed ...... the room vanished and became an ethereal primordial ENVIRONMENT. Not much in the way of actual music but almost godlike! The disc itself is pure silver and comes packaged in a gorgeous hardbound enclosure! And it's ON SALE!!!!!!

https://elusivedisc.com/michael-stearns-the-lost-world-dxd-cd/
7limdx037-large__33174.1700927200.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back