Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T. Rex - The Slider (Japan)
ZDxYI9o.jpg

Camel Moonmadness the 2002 CD

Re the Zombies Odessey and Oracle above I have a 2004 CD on Fuel with ten bonus tracks. Sounds good to me but I've nothing to compare it to......except a Rhino cassette edition of the album

Zombies.jpg

This is one of those albums where I let my OCD get the better of me. Whenever I saw a new version I'd buy it and somehow I wound up with seven copies. From left to right, top to bottom in purchase order: Rock Machine, RHINO, Repertoire (1st issue), Big Beat (30th Anniversary Edition), Big Beat Zombies Heaven (4-CD box set), Fuel 2000, Repertoire (2-disc Anniversary Edition.) IMO, several of these discs are worth having for the bonus tracks, mono mixes, etc., but when all is said and done I still think my original Rock Machine has the best sound. It is a flat transfer of the original stereo master with no futzing or EQ tweaks. It has superb dynamic range and it just sounds like it's closer to the original master recording than the others. As always, YMMV, but this remains my 'go-to' version whenever I give this album a spin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ral Donner/You Don't Know What You've Got - Back in the 60's when Elvis went into the army a number of Elvis sound alike artist tried to fill the void. Some were good and some not so good. Ral Donner was IMHO the best and had several quite good hits. Listen to the MP3 of the title track and see what you think. An honorable mention for Terry Stafford's version of Suspicion, which I actually like better than Elvis's version.
Ral Donner.jpg

Last edited:
New box set from Rhino-Dire Straits-Live 1978-1992. Stereo.
8 Discs.
Listening now to Live At The Rainbow.
I won't go deep but Dynamic Range is very good, 10's to 16's.
View attachment 100654
View attachment 100655
I was on the guest list to see Dire Straits (I first heard them on BBC Radio London), I didn't go :eek: as I hadn't seen my friends in a while so :oops: I went down the pub!! The fool hardiness of youth, so I never saw the band :cry: and rely on the live releases to remind me of what I missed :(

I was on the guest list to see Dire Straits (I first heard them on BBC Radio London), I didn't go :eek: as I hadn't seen my friends in a while so :oops: I went down the pub!! The fool hardiness of youth, so I never saw the band :cry: and rely on the live releases to remind me of what I missed :(
Yeah, I have a few of those stories.
Listening now to Disc 2 of Dire Straits at The Rainbow,
Cool note, songs 8-11 feature guests Phil Lynott and Tony De Meur.

The Beatles Help! 2009 mono box (Japan)​

idFMxfr.jpeg

Help!
5-1The Beatles Help!
2:23
5-2The Beatles The Night Before
2:37
5-3The Beatles You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
2:12
5-4The Beatles I Need You
2:33
5-5The Beatles Another Girl
2:09
5-6The Beatles You're Going To Lose That Girl
2:22
5-7The Beatles Ticket To Ride
3:08
5-8The Beatles Act Naturally
Composed By – Russell*, Morrison*
2:34
5-9The Beatles It's Only Love
2:00
5-10The Beatles You Like Me Too Much
2:40
5-11The Beatles Tell Me What You See
5-12The Beatles I've Just Seen A Face
5-13The Beatles Yesterday
5-14The Beatles Dizzy Miss Lizzy
3:03
Help! (Original 1965 Stereo Mix)
5-15The Beatles Help!
2:23
5-16The Beatles The Night Before
2:38
5-17The Beatles You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
2:12
5-18The Beatles I Need You
2:32
5-19The Beatles Another Girl
5-20The Beatles You’re Going To Lose That Girl
2:21
5-21The Beatles Ticket To Ride
3:12
5-22The Beatles Act Naturally
Composed By – Russell*, Morrison*
2:33
5-23The Beatles It's Only Love
2:00
5-24The Beatles You Like Me Too Much
5-25The Beatles Tell Me What You See
2:41
5-26The Beatles I’ve Just Seen A Face
2:08
5-27The Beatles Yesterday
5-28The Beatles Dizzy Miss Lizzy

L'Image
Now
Recorded in 2011 and I guess I just found it or MoonJune rereleased it in a limited run. It is now hidden on bandcamp so I can't even follow my purchase link to find out.

Either way, I am really enjoying it.

Back