Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard To Find Jukebox Classics Stereo Explosion Volume 5 Pop (1955-1964) - Having grown up in the 50's & 60's I love the oldies from that time period! If you're into this music nobody does a better job of remastering then Eric Records they get my highest recommendation!!!
View attachment 100207
View attachment 100208
Finally received my copy from Eric Records and played it through the [discrete] SUPER mode of my pre/pro and I was startled to hear an extremely immersive discrete mix from these vintage recordings. The first cut, Herb Alpert's Lonely Bull was a bit shrill but once the rest of the album progressed it was sheer nirvana.

Thanks for the recommendation, DLJ!

THE VERY BEST OF SHERYL CROW [A&M Records/1 RBCD/1 DVD~V DD 2.0] While I'm on this Sheryl Crow listening streak lately, I can highly recommend this well mastered [by Bob Ludwig] disc containing 17 of her best hits and the well produced DVD with 13 complete videos!

https://www.discogs.com/release/7043777-Sheryl-Crow-The-Very-Best-Of-Sheryl-Crow

Primary
Secondary, 2 of 5

Finally received my copy from Eric Records and played it through the [discrete] SUPER mode of my pre/pro and I was startled to hear an extremely immersive discrete mix from these vintage recordings. The first cut, Herb Alpert's Lonely Bull was a bit shrill but once the rest of the album progressed it was sheer nirvana.

Thanks for the recommendation, DLJ!
Glad you liked it, I was pretty sure you would. I probably own about 90% of their catalog and have never been disappointed. I look forward to the new releases, usually around every three months and if there's any of my favorite tunes on them (and there usually is) I get them without hesitation. As is stated on the artwork, "remastered for collector's by collector's" and you can hear the love.

Due to the discussion of the newly announced SDE with Atmos of Knopfler’s upcoming new album, I sat down and listened to this again. Knopfler‘s stuff used to be very popular in the torrent circuit, and there was even a torrent tracker devoted to him; lots of SBD (soundboard) audio and video. A few years back Knopfler started officially selling SBD downloads from pretty much every stop on his tours. I have downloads from the Shangi-La, Get Lucky, Tracker, and Down the Road tour concerts that I attended. Highly recommended - don’t miss Sultans or Speedway live! We got a link for a free download for the best of the Down the Road tour with our tickets to the show, and I also purchased the Red Rocks show that I attended. For the prior shows I always downloaded the particular Chicago venue (where I attended).

See for example Tracker 2015 Live Concerts | Product categories | Mark Knopfler Shop | Page 2

IMG_8423.jpeg

Automatic - Jack Bruce UK CD

Mind Transplant - Alphonse Mouzon w/Tommy Bolin UK CD

Pandemonium Shadow Show (mono) - Nilsson from Complete RCA Albums box
Nilsson is an all time favorite of mine. The mono version is a thing of beauty, too. I came upon the promo (radio only) box that RCA issued to promote the release of PSS. I wish I still had that baby! 😎 For 10 bonus points, name three artists that were part of the RCA Group Quake! Lol

After RCA somewhat successfully launched Nilsson, they tried to cultivate more acts to round out their rock roster in order to better compete with Columbia/WEA, etc. In 1968, RCA issued a promo only album for radio to introduce some of these new acts and they were marketed under the umbrella title of THE GROUPQUAKE. Aside from The Youngbloods, none of the other acts gained much traction. However, one of the inaugural groupquake releases is now regarded by its devotees as a certified pop masterpiece. The Family Tree's one and only LP is an overly ambitious, stunning debut (and a concept album to boot,) with the somewhat perplexing title of Miss Butters. Here's a front/back pic of The Groupquake vinyl.

Screen Shot 2024-01-27 at 4.55.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-27 at 4.57.03 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
And, here is the aforementioned, Miss Butters. It is a fantastic listen and its studio production took place around the same time that Harry Nilsson was recording Aerial Ballet. Nilsson would periodically stick his head in during the Family Tree studio sessions and was so impressed by what he heard, he ended up co-writing the tune "Butters Lament" for the LP. Much later, he recorded a version of the song himself with the slightly revised title of Miss Butters Lament. AFAIK, it only appears on Personal Best: The Harry Nilsson Anthology. Myself, I much prefer the Family Tree version.

Miss Butters (front).jpg

Miss Butters (back).jpg

BTW, Steve Stanley's liner notes for this release are outstanding!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back